Strategy

Chapter 11

The older Winchester brother was startled as Amelia shoved papers in his hands. He caught them, and examined them.

"What is this?" Dean asked. Castiel had brought her to Dean's apartment, where both of the brothers were known to be in their spare time. Dean was currently sitting at the kitchen table, beer in hand. Amelia raised an eyebrow. It was a bit early to be drinking.

"It's the spell." She said, looking down. Sam appeared on the other side of the table, leaning forward to see the papers in Dean's hands.

"Now all we need to do is gather everything," Sam said. He looked up at Amelia.

"Thank you," he said, "I really mean it." He nudged Dean, and Dean glared back at him, before looking at Amelia. He scratched the back of his head.

"Look, about what happened the other day. I shouldn't have kept pushing you, it was wrong of me. It was just for the first time, there was a chance we could get home. But I know it's no excuse. I'm sorry." Amelia nodded towards the brother.

"It's alright. Besides, I overreacted. Let's just hurry up and find all of the things we need. The sooner we do that, the sooner we can get you three home." It wasn't as though Amelia desperately wanted them gone, she just thought that if they were here, they couldn't help the people in their world that needed them.

Amelia thought back to all of the dead people she had drawn, and shuddered. Besides, whatever prophet ability she had, it sure had given her one hell of a warning. It seemed that she didn't have a choice in the matter. She really was their ticket out.

Dean spread the papers out on the table, taking a swig of his beer before examining them. He pointed at the drawing that had the number "1" next to it.

"And what is this? Some type of chalk?" He asked. Amelia eyed the cross that was drawn beside it.

"I think it's holy chalk-whatever that's supposed to be. I think the symbols next to it are what I'm supposed to draw around you guys." She leaned forward over Dean's shoulder, and pointed to the scrawlings beside it.

"I couldn't decipher what language this was, but I think you're supposed to chant these words once everything is set up." Amelia felt someone standing over her own shoulder, and wasn't surprised to find that it was the angel.

"It's Enochian." Amelia furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's what?" She asked. She didn't think she'd ever heard of that before. Castiel brought his gaze from the papers towards her, and the intensity in his eyes made her heart stop. She made a mental note to tell the brothers that he should work on that. It was unsettling.

"It's the language of the angels." He replied. Amelia blinked. She certainly hadn't been expecting that.

"Of course it is," she sighed, unwedging herself from Dean and Castiel, and making her way around to the other side of the table where Sam was. She pointed at the rest of the papers.

"I examined the drawings before I came here, and I think I have it mostly figured out."  She pointed to the drawing of a bottle with dark liquid in it, a cross stamped on the label. A ring of fire was drawn beside it with a cross in the middle.

"Holy oil." The next paper had a drawing of a heart, next to a pile of what appeared to be dust. It had taken Amelia a moment to figure this one out, but she understood it nevertheless.

"Ashes of a loved one." The next paper was a drawing of two people kissing, a heart above them both. They were crying, and their tears were pooling into a vial beneath them.

"Tears of true love." The last paper was a drawing of her, and she held a key in her hand. That was the only indication that they needed her for the spell, and it didn't explain how she was involved, or what she needed to do. She stood up straight, and looked between the trio.

"I couldn't figure out the last one, sorry." Sam placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. We know most of what we need for the spell. So for now, we can gather everything else until we figure out what the last one is." He said. Amelia nodded.

"But how do we get a hold of everything? I've never even heard about half of this stuff." She asked. Dean stood from his chair, going to the fridge for another beer.

"Just leave the heavy lifting to us. This isn't our first rodeo." At the comment, Amelia's hand itched, and the image of Dean lighting a ring of fire around a man flashed through her mind. She shook the thought away, and looked towards Castiel.

"Take me back to my apartment."

* * *

The Winchesters watched as Castiel zapped Amelia back to her own place. Dean sighed heavily, looking down at the items they would have to get. The chalk and the oil were easy  to come by. The ashes? That was harder.

"So how exactly are we supposed to get ashes of a loved one when all our loved ones are in another world?" Dean asked. Sam sighed, taking a seat across from him.

"I don't know, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Dean pointed to another drawing.

"And what about this? Tears of true love? How the hell are we supposed to get that? They don't drop vials of the stuff from trees!" He exclaimed. Normally, he wouldn't have been as worried, but they were on a time crunch.

Cas had said something else was out there, and it was only a matter of time before they found Amelia. Dean eyed the drawing of Amelia, trying to understand what her role in all of this was. Whatever it was, he was going to keep her safe.