Chapter 2

"Alright Mark. You can do this. It's just your neighbors...you might as well be comfortable around them." I take a sharp intake of breath. Huffing it out slowly.

I opened the door slowly.

Outside my neighbors stood calmly. If I recalled correctly, they were siblings. Each held a pan of cookies. One chocolate, and one vaguely smelling of butterscotch.

I moved out of the way and welcomed them into my home. This was when I began to look more into detail of every movement, and every word.

Y/N. she had quite long H/C colored hair, matching elegantly with her bright E/C eyes. Her hair was tied up into a ponytail with a gray band. She wore black jeans and a purple shirt, underneath a gray flannel. Her feet were adorned with purple nikes.

Her brother, Drew, wore a flannel as well, a brown one at that. He had a black shirt underneath, sporting black pants, and brown Vans. Drew sported thick black lenses, and he had a combover, which gave him the look of a hipster.

"Uh, welcome to my home. I'm Mark Fischbach, as you probably already know..." I cleared my through softly "Thank you, for coming." I clasped my hands together behind my back and rubbed them together. It was a nervous habit of mine. Y/N stepped forward and smiled.

"Of course! Happy to have a new neighbor, the last one was a terrible old hag." She chuckled a bit. Then stuck out her hand.

"I'm Y/N L/N. Pleased to meet you Mark." I kindly unclasped my hands and shook her delicate fingers. Her hand was small and soft, contrasting my large and rough hands. We held that way for what felt like forever even though it was probably only for a few seconds.

It just felt...right. Somehow. Like her hands were meant to be clasped in mine. I don't really know how to explain it but that's the best I can.

Oh stop it Mark! You've barely met the girl! You can't just be falling in love with her from the start!

Of course, however, I just couldn't help but fall helplessly in love with her eyes and hair and hands. She was like a porcelain doll. Her E/C glistened in the light, her cheeks having the slightest blush made my stomach flutter. And those soft lips of hers put me in a trance. I could stare at her all day if I could...

"And I'm Drew L/N." his sharp voice pierced my thoughts and brought me back down to earth. I shook his hand as well, the meeting for the two siblings was a bit awkward, but good nonetheless.

The cookies, however, were absolutely amazing. I need to ask Y/N for that recipe. Her butterscotch cookies were the bomb!

After eating, I saw Y/N wander towards the WiiU console, eyeing it.

I knew from a distance that she'd want to play it, so I strode over and opened the left cabinet.

"What game do you want to play?"

"What?" She asked. I never noticed how high her voice sounded, maybe she was a singer?

"It seems that you found my WiiU. You wanna play on it?" I asked. She nodded and smiled at me, going through the cabinet and pulling out Super Smash Brothers 4. I smiled widely as she did so. Something about her picking THAT game made me...happy.

"Great Choice! Drew? Ethan? Tyler? Want to play along?" I ask. Drew, Ethan, and Tyler walk along into the living space and sit on the couch.

"Sure man! You're on!" Ethan laughs happily. Tyler rolls his eyes

"I might join in" Tyler explains.

"Why not?" Drew announces as he sat down on the couch. I smile and hand the remotes out, even one to Tyler.

Soon the game had started, and surprisingly, Y/N was a great battler. I noticed she went straight for Bayonetta. While Drew went for Mario.

Ethan chose Peach and selected her blue dress and Tyler chose Donkey Kong.

I chose Link and selected the easiest stage, WiiFit Studio.

This day is going great.