●Çhapter 17●

"Ok spill the beans Ang! We've been here for over an hour and you jave yet to tell us this news!" Nessa said as we all sat in the family room talking amongst eachother.

"Ok ok! Soooo, since I have you all here. My precious family, my loved ones, my pride and joy my- ok Ang we get it, we love you too!" Russy said cutting her off!

"Ok, my oven is cooking!" She blurted.

Everyone looked amongst eachother in confusion.

I'm guessing I'm the only one that caught on to her clue because instantly i smiled!

"Well Ang don't you think you should have turned your oven off before you left your place?" Mommy asked causing me to bust out laughing and everyone to look at me.

Bringing my laughs to a stop i cleared my throat and looked on as Ang gave me short eye contact. Daniel stared a hole in my face as i still held my smile, i couldn't hide it.

"Mommy, no I didn't mean it like that!" Ang chuckled before carrying on.

"What I'm trying to say is that I've got a bun in the oven!"

"A bun in the oven?" Mommy said thinking out loud.

"-oh my God Ang are you serious right now?" Mommy yelled full of excitement!

"Babe what she mean?" Daniel asked.

Leaning over, i whispered in his ear.

"Ang you playing right?" Daniel stood up walking over to her.

"No brother somethings cooking up in there!" She said rubbing her stomach.

Everyone gathered around congratulating her all accept for Mr. Simmons. Who still sat in his same spot with an unreadable look on his face. Noticing there was no reaction from him, Ang walked over to him pulling him up from his seat. She stood in front of her father with a faint smile, before leading him to a secluded area of the house while we all stood around talking about boy and girl names and shopping for yet another new member of the Simmons family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow, Ang is about to become a mommy in the next few months."

Daniel said sitting next to me on my couch, wiping his hands down his face. He looked as though he was thinking about something.

"I know, I'm so excited for her! I'm ready to start shopping for unisex clothes since we don't know what she's having yet!" I responded while going through some prints i had developed.

"I like that one!" Daniel said reaching over pointing at the photo.

"Me too, but this one happens to be my favorite!" I said holding the photo up to the light.

"You hungry? " i asked brushing the silence that had surrounded us.

"What'd you have in mind? "

"Well, i was thinking maybe i could run to the food mart and grab something to cook since all we've been eating is takeout. "

"That sounds good, let me grab my shoes and jacket! " getting up from the couch he bent down placing a kiss on my lips then my forehead.

"I love you" i whispered with my eyes closed inhaling the light scent of his cologne.

"I love you too, now come on lets hit up this store and ball out on this food!" He said causing me to laugh as i stood to my feet.

Hopping on his back he led us towards the door where our shoes, jackets and keys were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Babe, which one red or green apples?" I asked Lex as she pushed the shopping cart through the market.

"Red, they're sweeter than the green ones." She said while stopping at a fridge grabbing a bottle of almond milk carelessly dropping it into the cart.

"Who's cooking tonight?" I asked her as she read the label on the sour cream container.

Looking my way her face formed a small smile.

"You are, duh silly!"

"Well then i guess we won't eat then" i said through laugher.

Looking over at Lex she didn't find it funny at all. Like seriously she was upset.

Walking towards her i pulled her into me kissing her face then looked at her with a wide smile.

"Chill Lex, issa joke" i said.

She held an unreadable look on her face causing me to come down off my silly ride. Rubbing my thumb across her cheek i gazed fown at her.

"You alright Peek?" I asked. Gazing down she spoke.

"Danny if i ever hurt you, just know that my intentions weren't to"

Catching me by surprise, i lifted her head up by her chin for her to look at me.

"What's wrong Lex? Talk to me." I said pulling her closer to me, leaving no space in between us.

"It's nothing Danny, let's jus-" she said trying to dead the conversation,  but i was not allowing it.

"No Lex, we're going to stand right hea in this good market just like this and talk. Now, tell me what's on your mind baby!"

"Danny, it's just that i love you so much and the thought of me or anyone for that matter ever hurting you just moves me. Sometimes i just look at you and think of how lucky i am to have you and how your just an all around good guy. I don't ever think that i can fathom someone hurting you mentally and physically. I love you too much, you're everything to me!"

Wiping the stray tears from her face i kissed her. Locking our lips together as our tongues faught for dominance.

Breaking from our lip lock, there stood two older women staring us down with smiles planted on both of their face.

"Young love" one of them said.

"Yup ain't nothing like it!" The other one added on.

Shying away Lex hid her face in my chest as i laughed a little.

"Apologies ladies!" I said through a smile.

"No need to apologize,  it's beautiful"  one said as they began to walk off.

Looking down at Lex i kissed her once more.

"Come Peek,  let's get out of here got us giving these old people a show." I said causing her to smile.

Grabbing the shopping cart we found an open register, paid for our things and went back home. 

I sat in the living room while Lex prepped the food. We were having salmon, broccoli w/cheese and stuffed bell peppers.

"Baaaabe!" I heard Lex call.

Getting up i went to see what she wanted.

"Yea?"

"Did you grab the Mrs.Dash seasoning? "

"Yea, i did it's still down in the car. I'll go grab it." I daid grabbing my jacket and car keys.

Making it down to the car, i searched the back for the seasoning.  Amongst finding the seasoningi also found an empty box on the front of it read Plan B!

"What the fuck!?" I asked myself out loud...