Mika gave Lacus's hand a light squeeze before turning to look at him. Where he raised their hands up between them, gazing at them along with Lacus who blushed as Mika softly said, "Is it wrong? Wanting to spend time with you?"

Lacus didn't answer. Instead he took a nervous breath and tangled their fingers together. Making Mika's eyes widen before they softened and he looked up to Lacus with a warm smile. A light blush on his cheeks.

But Laucs didn't really care about the blush. He was simply happy with being the cause of the smile. Of being the cause of the smile on the beautiful and ethereal person before him(Lacus knew Mikaela wasn't ethereal, but then and there he didn't care about his perfect imperfections).

The person who squeezed his hand again, as the wind decided to plays with both of their hair.

Laucs returned the smile.

He had many worries. Many thoughts.

But then and there. Warmly smiling at the person that unknowingly held his heart, he had no worries. No thoughts except for those that brought him nothing but utter bliss.

Then and there, he dared to wish the moment would never end.

Mika felt...refreshed after taking a walk with Lacus. He felt content to say the least. But he didn't. In the pit of his stomach he felt guilty. Like he had done something wrong.

From the corner of his eye he saw René walk around his room, silently and quickly organizing many things. Mika raised and looked down at his hand. The one he had used to hold Lacus's hand.

Was it wrong? Wanting to spend time with someone who wasn't Yuu? To hold hands with someone who wasn't Yuu? To smile like that to someone who wasn't Yuu?

Mika didn't know. And in all honesty, he felt like he was better off without knowing.

Mika sighed as he leaned into his arm chair. Making René look at him from the corner of his eye as he slowly came to a stop.

He waited for a while. Simply looking at Mika. Taking in as many details as possible. Wanting to know why his mood suddenly dropped and what he would do about it.

But Mika didn't do anything. He just stared up at the ceiling. Eyes loosing their luster as he brought his legs up and rested his crossed arms between his torso and thighs.

He sighed before closing his eyes. Trying his best to ignore his thoughts. Trying his best to kill the burning sensation in his eyes. Trying to eliminate the dry and aching lump in his throat.

Trying.

Trying.

Trying.

But failing.

He sobbed as the first tear ran down his cheek.

René immediately walked over to him. He didn't ask, didn't have to, he took Mika into his arms and hugged him. Soft and gently. Caring and loving.

"R-René!" He choked out, clutching onto the front of René's black vest, "I'm tired! So so tired! Please! Make it go away!" He broke off as he sobbed again and rubbed his head into René's chest, who could only hold him as Mika cried out his sorrows. "Please! It hurts. I don't want to think!"