Ophelia Drowend

No one felt like interacting with the guests. Mika refused to get out of bed. He even tugged his arm out of Yoichi's soft hold when he had attempted to persuade him to get up. René had walked forward, Yoichi quickly moved out of the way and allowed him closer to Mika. Who peeked up to René, tears in his eyes. Already knowing what he was going to say.

Yoichi and Lacus didn't, they had once again felt like intruders in a scene they didn't belong to. So they had stepped outside, just in time to meet face to face with Shinoa's raised fist, the one that intended to knock on the door.

"Ah, forgive me. I didn't see you coming out." Shinoa said, taking a few steps back and bowing to them both, as she added, "My apologies. Good morning to you both. I hope you had a good nights rest."

Yoichi, if he was his older self, would have pushed forward a forced smile. One that wouldn't fool anyone, but he wasn't like that anymore. So the smile that adorned his lips looked genuine. "Good morning!" He chirped, also bowing with Lacus, "Yes, we both had a good rest, thank you. I hope you did as well." That was a lie. None of them slept. Mika couldn't, so they couldn't.

"Yes!" Shinoa informed, giving them a soft smile, Yoichi missed her smug smile. The one she used before she teased, "The guest houses are beautiful and comfortable to reside in. Our first night here has been wonderful."

"We are pleased to hear that." Yoichi said, the polite smile on his face never leaving, "I'm sure Shindo-sama, will also be pleased to know the guest houses are to your liking."

Shinoa's lip twitched, "Ah, about that. I was actually sent by Hiiragi-sama, to inform Shindo-sama that he would very much enjoy to have breakfast with him."

"We will be pleased to inform him of Hiragii-sama's invitation." He said bowing, ending their tense conversation.

"Thank you." Was the last thing Shinoa said, before leaving.

Once she was completely gone, Yoichi let himself breath and stumbled back, letting Lacus catch him by the shoulders.

"You're really tense." Lacus commented, lightly massaging Yoichi, who sighed in gratitude.

"Who wouldn't be, after they just saw someone who was really close to them, now a stranger who has no recollection of who they are. Of what they loved. Enjoyed." Yoichi murmured. Leaning into Lacus's relaxing touch. "Sorry, I just..."

"Don't apologize for things you can't control." Lacus scolded.

Yoichi didn't have time to reply. The doors opened and they both turned to see René. Who invited them back in. They walked in and slightly furrowed their eyebrows, at the sight Mika made. He was in a oversized black knitted sweater, black leggings, and fluffy cream colored socks. But that wasn't the problem. The problem was his lifeless face. His lifeless position, as he sat his armchair, one knee up where he rested both his hands and his head. The other leg lazily extended out before him where he stared at the tip of his toes. He looked smaller than usual.

"Maybe we should inform Hiiragi-sama that Mika didn't wake up with the best health this morning." Yoichi said, not looking away from Mika. 'It's not a lie.'

René didn't have to be informed that Mika had been invited for breakfast. He already knew it. He had guessed it was bound to happen. So he opened his mouth and looked at Lacus, "Please do. And while you're at it, please inform a maid to bring up his breakfast."

Lacus nodded and exited the room, but not before sending Mika another worried glance.

Yoichi had walked closer to Mika and opened his mouth, ready to try to get some reaction for him when Mika opened his mouth and said, "Pillow."