[0.] Strike A Hundred

Zacznij od początku

It was all my fault.

I looked at the empty clothes hangers. They were there last night. I could almost imagine her taking her dress out and spinning in front of me. I looked at the bed, and saw her sleeping peacefully, unknowingly. She didn't know about what an unfaithful boyfriend she had. She was peaceful, despite the war raging in my own head right next to her.

"Are you sure?" I ask her, once I finally gained enough control to speak.

"Yes," She was still sobbing and I felt a pang of guilt yet again.

I knew that I shouldn't have cheated, that the realisation shouldn't have only dawned on me because she was gone. I knew all along that this would eventually happen, cheating could only lead in one direction—heartbreak, and I steered the car.

"I'll talk to you later," I whisper before cutting the call.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I wanted her to come out from behind the door and laugh at me, saying it was all a joke and that she could never leave me. I wanted her to tell me how much she loved me, and then I could say it back. And I would mean it, I really would.

I needed her to come back.

But I knew that no matter how much I pleaded and pleaded she'd never come back. I certainly wouldn't. If I found out my girlfriend was cheating on me I would leave her, I would never come back because she didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve me love when she clearly showed that she could get it elsewhere.

Francesca was betrayed, and I couldn't blame her. But I just wish she talked to me, left a note, anything. Maybe I could've explained the way I felt, and then maybe she'd understand. But there were no chances of that.

Since she's gone.

And it's all my fault.

Fuck.

Strike eleven.

I go to her dressing table, running my fingers across the surface. I could almost feel when she was here. I missed her already. I close my eyes and the next thing I hear is a crash.

The dressing table is overturned, the mirror shattered and splinters lay across the floor. I closed my eyes again and the next thing I felt was pain. But the pain numbed soon as I continued kicking it.

I looked around the room Francesca. Francesca. Francesca. She chose the decorations for the room. Francesca.

I didn't think she would ever do this, she had been my best friend and we had been dating for such a long time I just took her for granted in a way.

Oh Francesca.

Come back.

Another crash. More pain. The cuts and bruises on my fists didn't even sting.

I needed her back. I was an idiot, and I wanted to tell her that. I love her, I wanted to tell her that too. There were so many things I didn't get to tell and I never will.

Because she's gone.

Fuck, it hurts to even say it.

She gone.

It's all my fault. My fault. My fault. My fault!

Strike a hundred.

Okay, that was actually quite long for a prologue let's be honest

Okay, that was actually quite long for a prologue let's be honest. Well a prologue coming from me. You know my prologues are like 300 words or less.

I tried to keep the heartbreak to a low, I think writing the last chapter of Hell was more than enough for me thank you very much. I couldn't handle writing even more heartbreak, but still I choked a little while writing this.

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas present ; ) It's also just to assure you that i am writing this book. Sorry for the delay to post it. You should be thankful for Christmas, a part of me felt obligated to give something nice.

That aside, thanks for reading 🙈 sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈