Chapter 26

Emily's POV

Today is ACM Awards. Life has gotten so hectic. Maddy's first birthday, the wedding planning, and getting everything situated with Cas about watching Maddy this weekend. But it's basically all last minute wedding planning, and making sure Maddy's party doesn't have anything interfering from the wedding. I don't know how many times I have called Riley and a site for a wedding to check times.

"Babe, you ready? We have to leave to go get ready." Luke said as I came downstairs.

"You just asked me if I was ready to go get ready..." I laughed, grabbing my purse and picking up Maddy.

"You know what I mean." I said shaking his head.

"But, what if I don't?" I asked.

"Then you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer that's for sure." He winked before opening the door for me.

"I think we have known that for awhile now." I said walking past him. I buckled up Maddy and hopped into the truck. Luke got in and drove to Cas' house to drop off Madelyn.

"Ready for tonight?" Luke asked, with his hand on my thigh.

"I should be asking you that question. And totally, I'm way ready to see you kick ass." I laughed.

"Well it's your first award show." He said shaking his head smiling.

"The question for you is, McDonald's?" I laughed.

"Yea!!" Maddy yelled behind me. I looked at Luke and laughed. 

"She is your daughter." He said laughing.

"And yours too. About 90% of her is probably McDonald's. I mean how many times did you get me it when I was pregnant."

"A lot." He laughed.

"Exactly we are an McDonalds family." I shrugged laughing.

"I think you need an intervention." He laughed.  

"Nope, I'm good." Luke chuckled and dropped Maddy off after getting McDonalds to go.

"Thank you so much, Cas." I said for the thousandth time.

"No problem. Good luck tonight, Luke, we will be watchin." She said about to close the door.

"Gonna need it." He chuckled nervously. She waved and shut the door and we headed to our dressing rooms.
-
"There you guys are!" Kerri said as we walked through the door.
"You should have been here half an hour ago." She said closing the door and pushing us over to our stuff.

"Sorry we had to get Madelyn food and drop her off at my sisters and she wouldn't let us leave." I apologised. She just nodded and handed me my dress.

"Alright, Luke, come with me." Kerri said opening the door.

"What? Why?" Luke questioned.

"Cause, you will see Emily before you go out their, it's a surprise." She said ushering him out.

"Alright." Luke obliged. He kissed my forehead before following Kerri to the band.
-
-
"Alright, Luke, here is your girl." Kerri said, opening the door. I walked in and Luke's mouth dropped.

"I don't think I've ever seen you with a dress like that on." He laughed. I was wearing a long dark blue dress with black wedges.

"I don't think I have worn a dress like this ever." I laughed. He smiled and I sat down.

"Ready for this?" Michael asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." Luke said pulling me into his lap. I laid back and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Let's go 20 minutes till show time and we have to get to the red carpet." Kerri said. I stood up and waited for Luke. He grabbed my hand and we were off for the limo.

When we got to the red carpet, I seen tons of singers I loved as still and still do now. Luke took pictures with his fans then we went to the red carpet.

After the red carpet fiasco, we headed to our seats. Luke was on in forty-five minutes.

"Calm down." I giggled. Luke's hand was shaking is bad.

"I'm trying. I'm just really nervous about tonight." He said rubbing his hands together.

"Don't be. Just enjoy it." I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"I am." He smiled, kissing my forehead. After awhile Cole sat next to us.

"I feel lucky." I said out if the blue.

"Why?" Cole and Luke asked.

"I'm sitting next to the future Entertainer of the Year and New artist of the Year."

"Hopefully." Cole said.

"I better get back stage." Luke said getting up.

They announced Luke up next.

After Luke sang 'I See You' they announced the New Artist of the Year nominees.

"Oh god." Cole said as the announced his name.

"You'll win. I have a feeling." I smiled.

"And the winner for New Artist of the Year is..... Cole Swindell!" I stood up and clapped.

"Told ya." I smile giving him a hug as he ran onstage. He barely got his speech out. He ran backstage and Luke came out next to me.

"Alright, last award tonight. Entertainer of the Year." Blake announced. Luke took my hand and I looks over and smiled at him. They announced the nominees.

"The Entertainer of the Year award goes to....... LUKE BRYAN!!!" Blake yelled. Luke jumped up and hugged me. He was shaking so bad. I smiled as tears formed in my eyes.

"Baby.." Luke smiled at me. "I don't know what to say guys." He stared at the trophy and became emotional.
"Thank you so much fans for doin this to me. Thank you so much for makin my life what it is. What I always wanted to be was just a country singer that got to ride on a tour bus and show up on a new stage and play music every night." Luke managed to say.  After his speech he went back stage. They wrapped up the show and I went to go get Luke. As soon as he saw me he picked me up into a huge hug.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I smiled. He put me down and kissed me. We headed back to Luke's dressing room and everyone cheered and congratulated him.
______

I didn't finish this chapter but it has been so long and I can't think of anything else SO SORRY GUYS