Bugs buzzed around her head as she swatted, although it didn't do too much to help. They had been walking on the same dirt road for nearly forty minutes, not taking a single turn along the way. She finally caught up to him and walked alongside the edge of the grass.

"It's nice, isn't it?" She mused. She took in a whiff of natures divine scent and ran her fingers softly along the the tips of the tall grass.

He paused, not turning to look at her, but instead keeping his eyes on the road ahead. "What?"

"The scenery."

"Fucking beautiful," He licked his bottom lip and propped Lucille on his shoulder. She furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

Laughing lightly under her breath, she kicked the pebbles that sat beneath her path. "You're an asshole."

"Am I?" He grinned sardonically.

"You are." She shot back.

They walked alongside each other for an inordinate amount of time. She assumed they were almost back, as her legs felt as if they were about to give up on her. Needless to say, she didn't exercise much.

"Did I make it?" She asked, breaking the long, drawn out silence. She thought she did quite well in her testing, other than she few times she failed to shoot the target down.

"Maybe."

"Just tell me already," She fumed.

"Probably."

She rolled her eyes at his unresponsiveness but was nonetheless happy with the turnout. Although she didn't want to provide for him, or anybody else at The Sanctuary, she felt the urge to do something.

All of a sudden, a walker emerged from the hollow depths of the forest and came stumbling towards the pair. It groaned a sickly groan and reached out at them, it's arms stretched and begging for their flesh. Negan stood like a statue, his arms crossed over his chest, eyeing the creature. He then grabbed a knife out his pocket and tossed it to the girl.

"Why do I have to do it?" She complained, jerking the weapon so the blade unfolded.

"It's your job now. It's what you signed up for," He replied, sternly, his arms remaining crossed.

She lunged at the creature, piercing its skull with the sharp folding knife. With all the force she could manage, she pulled the blade from its skull and watched as it fell limply onto the dirt road.

"Is that why you're acting so sour?" She asked, folding the knife back up and throwing it towards him.

"What?" He continued walking.

"Because I'm not your wife?" She caught up to him. He looked rather annoyed, with a stern yet uncaring look on his face. She knew she shouldn't have gone any further, but she enjoyed seeing him irritated.

"Sweetheart, if I wanted you to be my wife you fucking would be by now. Don't get ahead of yourself." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Of course you want me to be your wife. You wouldn't have asked me if you didn't want me to be," she retorted, "I'll tell you what," she stopped in her tracks, "I'll be your wife if you drop your other wives, provide for yourself instead of stealing from other groups, and stop being such a sadistic freak. Fair?"

"You're fucking funny, sweetheart. Maybe if you get your head out of your ass, I just might agree to marry you too."

She twisted her jaw and sighed. "You're a real asshole, Negan. A real fucking asshole. Why are you such an asshole?"