XVIII

He knew he shouldn't have brought her back but he wasn't able to stay away from Ember any longer; the boy also knew he wasn't going to be able to hide forever either, especially since they were still after him. He had to make sure she was going to be ok and safe. Blake didn't want to make her forget, he realized that not only was it hurting him but it was hurting Ember as well and he hated doing that to her. Even before he had erased her memories he was hurting her and he hated himself for it. Blake knew that no matter what happened, he wasn't going to let anything happen to her not again, not now, and not ever.

In the past week after he took Ember home, nothing has really happened, no Big Bang, no one trying to hurt either of the teens, nothing. And that is what's worrying Blake, the other angels should've done something by now he knew they would've. He didn't want to think that they'd given up because he knows they haven't, their planning something but who knows what. He doesn't want to risk Embers life again but he doesn't want to lose her. "Dammit." He muttered, he needs to figure out what's going on before doing anything. I need to get to her.
Blake has been looking over his shoulder the entire way to Embers house, he's paranoid he has a reason to be. He's risking everything by going to Ember, putting her in danger is the last thing he wants; but in order for him to protect her, he has to get to her and fast. Rushing through the streets he finally gets to Embers house. Skipping two at a time up the stairs Blake knocks on her door like a madman.
"Em! Are you in there?" He yells through the door. After waiting five minutes with no reply Blake was getting antsy, he went around the house to her window. It was two stories up from the ground, conveniently enough there was tree where he needed to climb.
Climbing to her window was a hassle and a half, once he got up there he knocked on the window as loud as he could. After about a minute or two he heard shuffling in the room. Soon enough the window was opened and there stood Ember, "Blake what the hell are you doing?" She scolded.
"I'm sorry, I just had a really bad feeling and got here as quickly as I could. Didn't you hear me banging on your door?" Replying as he climbed through the window.
"No, why?"
"Your house isn't sound proof Ember, you should've heard me"
"Well I didn't. Can you tell me what's going on?" Ember looked at his as if he had grown two heads and should be medicated.
"I, fuck! I can't." He said as he paced in her room.
"You can't or you don't want to."
"Both."
"What does that even mean Blake? You look like you've just seen goddamn ghost."
"Maybe." Ember just stared at him as he burning holes in her bedroom floor with his pacing. He was mumbling about something, she couldn't really understand him. Ember grabbed his hand and forced him to look her. "What is going on? Tell me. You said no more secrets." There was fire in her eyes and Blake knew he wasn't getting out of this.
"You wouldn't believe me."
"Try me."
So he told her, everything, how he was her guardian angel and is here to protect her, he told her about himself what he can do. He told her who he really is, and that by telling her is a sufferable consequence on both their parts. Although he did leave out the part where he's in love with her.
"There are people coming after me because I know who you are, who you really are?" She questioned.
"Look I know it's crazy and you probably don't believe me, I mean you didn't before, but you have to trust me from now on ok? Anything happens out of the ordinary, tell me. You not being able to hear me knocking on your door earlier is one of those things. I need you to tell me those things ok?" He started breathing heavily from fear but also because if Ember doesn't believe him, he doesn't know what he'll do.
"Blake this is crazy." She stops short looking at him, she can see the defeated look on his face, but she continues, "but I trust you." The look in Blake's face screams are you sure. But knowing Ember this long has taught him that when she says something about trust, she means it. So his face softens and he smiles softly, "thank you." Ember smiles back and nods.
"So how do we stop them?"
"Honestly. I don't know. There's no records of this happening ever, from what I found at least."
"Then let's wing it." Said by someone who's about to do something they definitely shouldn't wing.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wow this took forever, sorry guys. It's been a..something lol. But I hope you enjoyed it. I tried to make it longer but I didn't know how to. But anyway I'll talk to you guys whenever. Bye!✌️