XIV

Working on the project for what seemed like an eternity, was really only fours but unfortunately that meant it was now 7pm. Both teens were exhausted, Ember could barely keep her eyes open and Blake couldn't even see straight. Eventually they both fell asleep, she on the bed and he on the floor. Fortunately enough spring break starts tomorrow so they didn't really need to worry about school the next day.
The next morning when Blake awoke he felt sore from falling asleep on the floor. When he picked his sore body off the floor he was shocked to say the least, Ember was on the bed fast asleep with all of their stuff piled on the floor. Blake grabbed his bag and books then headed out the room. He found his jacket, shoes, house keys and left Embers house. Walking from her house to his own he got a text from the girl.
Em: hey why'd you leave?
Bl: have some stuff to do at home.
Em: oh..ok
He looked at the notification and swiped it away. To be perfectly honest, Blake hasn't thought much of her lately. It's like he's slowly getting used to the fact that Ember is barley in his life anymore, as unfortunate as it is, it's true. His life doesn't revolve around her that much anymore. He hates to admit it but he's beginning to get back in track. After all, it was never in the job description to befriend her or fall for her. Yet he got himself in that predicament anyway, what a shame.
      Days pass and Ember feels herself to start gain what happened months ago. She remembers him going to her house, she remembers cuts on his back, she remembers telling him to call her so she knows he's safe; other than that she doesn't remember much, but she does remember who he was to her.

     As spring break comes to an end each student dreads the day to go back to that horrid place. As each student walks through those they become more and more dead inside with each step they take. Ember trudges to her locker to put her bag away. As she closes it though, she finds a Polaroid picture in the back, one that she's never noticed until now. It's of her and Blake, they were at his house, it looked like they were under a blanket for with Netflix pulled up on the lap top. Blake has his left arm draped over her shoulders pulling her close to his side, his other outstretched holding the camera; they were both smiling, her cheeks flushed red like she had been laughing too hard. She smiles fondly at the picture before putting it back in her locker. She grabbed what she needed for her first class and walked away. However, Blake had been watching from afar, he knew exactly what she had been looking at.

Flashback

"Em let's build a blanket fort." He had exclaimed. She chuckled softly and looked the boy behind her.
"You're such a child but sure. But we watch Netflix afterwards." She pointedly said, he bounced on the balls of his feet excitedly.
"Deal!" He turned to go grab what they needed for the fort.
   About 30 minutes later they had set up the fort and grabbed the laptop and whatever snacks they decided on.
"So, what movie?" He turned to her.
"Hm what about Silence of the Lambs?"  Ember suggested. Blake nodded and put the movie on, about half way through he pulled her close and grabbed his camera.
"What are you doing you doof?"
"I'm simply taking a picture of the bestest friends ever, duh." She laughed and just went along with his antics. Once the picture was developed he handed it the her.
"Here, just in case you forget me." He said solemnly. She looked at him with curious eyes, "Forget you? How could I forget my best friend?"
"You never know, just keep it will ya." He said looking at her.
"Fine."
Flashback over

That was by the best day of his life, he didn't have to worry about all the shit that's going on now. He felt something stir in him, at the pit of his stomach, he felt guilty again. He looked down at his feet and muttered. "I told you you'd never know if you'll forget me or not." He paused for a minute. "Glad to see you kept it you loser." He smiled to himself and walked away.
She looked at where he just stood, "I knew it was you." She said to herself with a smile on her face.

Quarantine am I right? Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Shits been 🤢 lately. But hope you enjoyed this chapter idk when I'll post again. But since I'm out of school now I'll try to post more. Byeeee🥰