21 | Serenade

HARRY

     “Harry - ”

     His voice seemed to echo all over the place. I was lost. I was all alone, yet I could hear him clearly, his voice whispering for my name.

     “Listen to me.”

     “Where are you?” I called out, but he still didn’t show up.

     “Please, take good care of my daughter. I trust you. Keep her safe, and love her with all your heart. I’m counting on you.”

     “No wait, Mike! Where are you?” I called out one more time. My feet started to walk, one step at a time towards the infinite realm with nothing but pure darkness.

     One step forward. And another. And another.

     “Take her home for me, okay?”

     “Mike!” I called out once more, until I couldn’t move anymore. I looked down on my feet and my eyes grew wide with fear. There he was, his face defiled with blood, his hand reaching mine.

     “Mike!”

     My eyes finally opened, but I didn’t move. I waited for my heartbeats to subside while my eyes looked around to where I was. My initial hysteria began to fade away when I saw him right in front of me. He was all comfortably swathed up, sleeping like a little baby with his eyes fully closed. His hair was in a complete mess, each strand being gusted by the cool breeze. A small smile formed in my lips when I realized his hand hovered on my arm, suddenly recalling that time when he was trying to convince me to hug him before I embarked on that trip to the lab. There were just so many realizations, so many things to think about.

     What if’s. Here we go again with those questions. What if I just stayed in bed with this guy that morning? What if I was able to stop Mike from going on with his plan? What if I was just right behind Mike and what if it was me who got bitten? Would those make anything change? What if’s. Those were always the things that were causing my mind to sidetrack, and of course, everything would’ve had been changed if those happened. But in reality, unfortunately, everything did not turn out the way I wanted.

     “He really loves you, doesn’t he?”

     I heard his gentle voice from behind, causing me to turn up. His smile was illuminated by the radiating flame nearby. I smiled back at him for reasons that my mind could think of. He was alive. He’s safe here with me, along with Niall who’s still holding my arm.

      “Yeah he does, and I love him too,” I said, turning back my gaze on the little guy, squeezing his soft hand that I always loved to do.

     “Everybody loves Niall. Life would be nothing for me if I didn’t meet that guy,” Louis spoke gently, his voice seemed flustered with every word he spoke.