"You not going to take it?" Evelyn asked, taking a bite from her pancake.

"It's not important." He told her, "So tell me about your documentary."

Evelyn didn't question him nor did she look taken back by his short explanation. Instead she told him about her project, the excitement in her voice making him forget about Zara and her constant phone calls. It was unlike her, but he wasn't obligated to care. He'd get back to her when he could.

...

After viewing three buildings and a big lunch with Robin he met up with Evelyn at a tram stop. It was crowded, people walking and cycling all over the place. It would be the first time he'd take a tram, but Evelyn told him it wasn't much different than the subway. She was right when he stepped into one. The tram was crowded so they stood side by side, holding on tightly while they quietly discussed their day. They got off the tram and walked to the Asian restaurant which she enjoyed to eat noodles at. The place was like she told him, amazing to hang out at and they served great food. At least from what he could tell as he scanned the place, people seemed to enjoy eating their meal. She didn't mention it was actually a Japanese grill restaurant. There were a lot of dishes he wanted to try, but he knew he wouldn't be able to eat it all so instead he ordered a beef udon while Evelyn ordered the seafood udon. As a side dish he ordered vegetarian spring rolls and Calpis soda mango because Evelyn told him it was the best.

"You want to try it?" Evelyn asked as she picked up her chopsticks.

"It's the most spiciest dish in the restaurant according to the menu."

She grinned, "It is quite spicy, but it's so good." She told him, "You allergic to seafood?"

"No."

"Okay, if you change your mind feel free to try some."

They had an amazing dinner and she had been right about her choice of udon. It was freaking delicious. It was better than the fancy restaurant Robin had taken him to. He liked the atmosphere. It was modern, but in a way it still felt like home. Maybe because it reminded him of New York.

"We should walk to the theatre." Evelyn suggested.

Paying for the food Michael smiled when Evelyn hooked her arm around his and walked with him to the theatre. It was a little past seven so most people were out, having dinner. They were lucky to get good seats to a comedy. He didn't mind watching a horror with her, but she told him she was in the mood for something else, something lighter. They bought a medium popcorn and drinks and headed to their auditorium. The exterior of the theatre looked amazing, but the interior was mind blowing. It was decorated in red and gold. Both the exterior and interior definitely baroque styled.

"You had to see this." She grinned at him, "Isn't it amazing?"

They walked into their auditorium, walking up to their seats, "It isn't amazing, it's fucking mind blowing, Evelyn."

"Glad you like it."

They sat in their seats and watched the movie. He couldn't remember the last time he went to the theatre to watch a movie. Usually he watched a movie together with Zara in bed, not paying much attention because both of them were working on their laptops. He would enjoy every second of his night out with Evelyn. He was grateful she took him to this place, he couldn't describe how beautiful it was. Insane it was a freaking movie theatre. Back at home he figured two weeks was good enough to get things done at Amsterdam, but now he wondered if he could stay longer and explore more of this lively city. In the back of his mind he knew he couldn't though, people depended on him.

...

They took the tram back to his hotel, Evelyn had left her bag so she was good to stay another night. Their fingers were laced together as they took the elevator, both of them having permanent smiles upon their faces. They had a fun night out together. Great food to fill their bellies, a hilarious movie which made them cry of laughter and a walk with lighthearted banter. He tightened his grip on her hand and walked with her to his room. A giggle leaving her lips when he tried to open the door in a rush. He smirked at her when she trailed her fingers over his arm, sinking her teeth into her lower lip. Once the door was opened she pushed through and turned around, wrapping her arms around his neck the minute the door was closed behind them. She stood on her toes and pressed her lips against his, giving him a hard, quick kiss. Pulling away she smiled at him while taking off her jacket and tossing it on the empty chair along with her clutch.