Muffins

Once Michael was settled in his hotel room which had an excellent view of the city, he sat down on the edge of his bed and stared out the window. Trying to enjoy the view as much as he could. He was sure once it was nighttime the view would be even better. His mood wasn't good enough for him to actually enjoy it as much as he wished he would. Which was a shame because he wasn't considering to come back anytime soon.
Getting to his feet Michael headed to the bathroom. He freshened up and got dressed in something more comfortable. He wore black slacks with a soft grey sweater. The sweater had been a gift from Zara which brought back a flood of memories.
He left the hotel to go for a walk, needing the exercise. The city was very much alive, not that different from New York. He had to keep an eye out for those bicycles though, they were everywhere. If you weren't alert enough you'd get hit by someone or probably go deaf by the bell they kept ringing whenever you were in their way. If he was quite honest he thought the cyclers were quite rude. But what did he know? He didn't live in this city, so maybe this behavior was normal and he was the one to blame.
After walking around he found a small café which wasn't as crowded as the other places he passed and took a seat near the window, grabbing the menu to flip through it.
Soft music was playing in the background, the wooden tables were painted white. It looked like a place Zara would enjoy having a coffee at. It made him swallow painfully, not even trying to pretend to be over it. They broke off their engagement yesterday, he had the right to still be upset about it.
A brunette walked over to him, speaking to him in a language he didn't understand. The language had lots of harsh tones. He assumed it was Dutch, he heard people around him speak that language.

"I'm sorry I don't speak Dutch." He told her.

"That's okay." She smiled at him, her whole face brightening up which brought out her hazel eyes, "I asked if you made up your mind yet?" Her voice breathy and sounding awfully sinful to him.

His eyes travelled to the menu he was holding. He had opened it on a page which was in Dutch so it wasn't odd for the girl to suddenly speak Dutch to him. He flipped to the English section and scanned through it. Not wanting to keep the brunette up.

"I'd like an espresso."

"Got it." She cheerfully announced, "I'll be right back." She promised him.

He watched her walk away, she swayed her hips from side to side. She was wearing tight skinny jeans which didn't leave anything to his imagination. She had a nice rounded ass in those jeans. It was a nice distraction from the sadness he had been wallowing in.
As she passed tables which were people sitting at she smiled at them, flashing them her room brightening smile. Her presence couldn't be ignored. She had her hair tied up in a messy bun on top of her head, a few locks managed to escape it. She had two earrings in each earlobe. Small ones which gleamed in the lighting. Her nose small and round, her eyes wide and bright. Her eyebrows soft and rounded. Some women he'd call sexy and sinful, others elegant and sophisticated but her he'd call simply beautiful. Someone you'd look at and feel like your day brightened just a bit.
As she was preparing his order she hummed to the song which was softly playing in the background. She looked like she enjoyed what she was doing. There were only a few people he knew who actually enjoyed doing their job, genuinely enjoyed doing their job.
He tore his gaze away from her and stared out the window, watching people pass the café. He was wrong when he compared New York to this place. To him New York felt more rushed, like people just couldn't take a break. His mind wondered to Zara. It was the same for them. They could never take a break, always on the move because time was money. There was never one last email, because they kept piling up. This was the first time he had time to sit down and enjoy his coffee, taking a breather. He'd savor every second of it. And when this trip was over he'd go to Zara's place and convince her she was making a mistake. They couldn't break-up after the years they invested in their relationship. He was convinced they could make it work. They hadn't canceled the wedding yet so he still had a chance, Zara left that door open. He knew she had.