Their reality

Her laughter filled the room, causing the usual cold, sterile white bedroom to feel a lot warmer. It felt more lively and homey. He loved the sound of her laughter, it was soft, caressing him all over. Whenever she laughed her eyes were alight with pure happiness. Her blue eyes so clear it reminded him of the clear sea which showed him all their hidden secrets. For that reason alone he made it his mission to make her laugh all the time. She rolled to her side in an attempt to get away from him, her naked thigh displayed because she kicked the sheets away.

"Where are you going?" He asked her playfully.

He knew she was trying to escape his bed though. Ready to head to the bathroom and start her morning routine. When she'd come out she'd put on her mask, ready to conquer the world. Turning into the coldhearted woman people called her behind her back.

"I need to get ready." She giggled when he reached for her thigh to make her stay a minute longer, "Mike! I'm serious. I'm running late for my meeting."

"Fine, I'll let you go for now." He rolled to his back and stared at the ceiling, "Don't take too long." He warned her when he heard her footsteps heading to the bathroom, "I also need to get ready."

"I won't." She promised him.

While Zara got ready for her day he rolled to his bedside table and reached for his phone. He scanned through his emails and messages, making a mental note of which emails were urgent and needed his immediate attention. Organizing his day he looked up when he heard Zara enter the room again, a fluffy towel covering up her delicious, tanned body. Sitting up he smirked as he noticed her eyes following the sheet which dropped down his body, barely covering him.

"It's all yours." She told him, her eyes lingering on his crotch.

"You need to get ready." He reminded her, his voice filled with amusement.

Her eyes travelled up to his chest, taking in all the lines and abs before she met his gaze. She didn't look ashamed of her staring at him, just the way he liked it. Her confidence turned him on. He didn't mind it when she let him know exactly what she wanted.

"Right." She bit her lip, her hands tightly clutching her towel to keep her body covered, "See you tonight?" She asked him.

His eyes flickered to his phone, "It's going to be a late one for me."

"I understand."

And she did. Zara's job was as demanding as his was. She started out small, her company only existing out of four people, but she was rapidly expanding. Her up and coming business took up most of her time. So she never felt left out when he told her he couldn't meet her because things were running late at the office. Zara actually understood him, he loved that about her. He knew not a lot of women were okay with their boyfriends having so many late nights during the week. Most of them would feel insecure and accuse their boyfriends of cheating, so Michael was very much aware of how well Zara fitted into his life. She was marriage material, he knew that from the day he met her.

"How about you come over when you're finished?" She asked, her mind already trying to come up with different solutions for their little problem.

"Sounds good to me."

While Zara was getting dressed and doing her hair and make-up, he took a shower and brushed his teeth. Once he finished up with his morning routine he got dressed into his charcoal suit with a white shirt and black tie. Zara sneaked up behind him and reached for his hand, making him turn around to face her. Without a word she leaned in and kissed him. She made a whiny sound as she pulled away, obviously not happy with that decision. They both knew they didn't have the time to explore things. He gently ran his hand through her soft locks and pulled away from her, making things easier for her.