Chapter 1

I walk down the bustling side walk of New York City, seeming to not have a care in the world, but actually aware of all of my surroundings. I'm aware of everything from the rustling of my hair, the light bouncing and reflecting off of the monstrous buildings they call Sky Scrapers, the wailing of sirens in the distance, the sound of shuffling feet against pavement, and people talking on their phones which they seem to be so consumed in.

I sigh, not understanding why people are so consumed in technology. Yes, I understand it's very useful and helpful, but would it hurt people to put their phones down and talk to people face to face, or to read a good paperback book, or even enjoy a nice walk through Central Park? I shake my head at my thoughts, knowing that that would probably never happen.

I continue down the block, and turn down another block that my apartment building is on. I cross the street and walk up to the tall red brick building and up the front steps. I open the door with my keys and step out of the cold fall air into the warm air of the building. Stopping inside the door, I unlock my mail box. I grab everything in it, not bothering to look, lock the box, and turn around to the stairs that lead upstairs.

I walk up 5 flights of stairs to get to my apartment, but I don't mind the trek, I actually quite like walking up the stairs.

When I get to the top floor of the building, which my apartment is located on, I walk down the hall to the very last door on the right. I jab my keys into the key hole in the handle, and turn the key unlocking my apartment. I walk in and instantly slam and lock the door behind me.

I let out a sigh, finally in the safe confines of my apartment. I kick my shoes off by the door, and walk into the small kitchen. Dropping the mail on the counter, I grab the remote for the TV and turn on the news for back round noise. I open the fridge and grab a water bottle. I make my way into the living room, and plunk down onto the couch. I stretch out, my joints and bones cracking and popping as I do so. I opening the water and chug down half of it, and drop it on the couch next to me.

I sit up on the couch and stand up, taking my jacket, hat, and scarf off as I walk over to the windows, which are currently covered with the curtains, and I throw the curtains open, allowing light to flood the previously dark apartment.

I stare out the window, and look at what is in my opinion the best view this building has to offer. Down below, people walk down the side walk and cars go down the street, but what is truly amazing is the view of Central Park, which I love to visit every day.

I walk away from the window and down the hall just off of the living room that leads to my room and the bathroom. I turn into my room, and go straight for the closet. I open the door, and look around at all of the hanging pieces of clothing, and try to decide what I should wear to the park on a cold day like today.

I pick out a pair of dark blue jeans and a plain grey sweatshirt, and what fall out fit isn't complete without a pair of combat boots.

I take the clothes and walk into the bathroom. I set the clothes down on the counter and strip out of my uniform for the small cafe I work at. I quickly pull on the jeans and sweatshirt. Before I walk out of the bathroom, I take my hair out of the tight braid it has been in all day, and ash blonde curls tumble down my back.

Giving myself one more look over, I deem myself worthy to go out in public. I walk out of the bathroom, and over to my bed. I sit on the edge, pull on my boots, and lace them up quickly. I walk back into the living room and turn the TV off. I grab my beat up back pack from the closet, and fill it with necessities that I may need.

I don't bother putting my hat, scarf, or jacket back on. I grab my keys off of the counter and shove them into my pocket. I survey the apartment one more time before heading out the door. I close the door, and make sure it's locked. Once I know no one is going to get in, I walk down the hall and down the stairs.

Opening the door to the building, I all but jump down the front steps, and I continue down the side walk to the cross walk. I wait for it to be safe to cross the street, and cross with the swarm of people. I enter the park and instantly feel a calm come over me. I stroll around the park, watching people walk past me and around me. I tilt my head back and stare up at the beautiful fall trees, all of the reds and yellows and oranges.

I come to one of my favorite spot without even realizing it. A huge rock juts out of the ground, and I love climbing to the top and looking over the park.

I easily scale the rock, finding foot and hand holds easily. When I reach the top, I sit on the edge of the rock, and look over the park as the sun sets over New York City, and the buildings start to light up.

I wait for the sun to fully set over the city before I come down from the top of the rock. I scale down the rock as easily and as quickly as I got up it, landing in a slight squat from jumping halfway down. I straighten, and walk off down the path I came.

I stick to the shadows, avoiding the lights lining the path. There's a few people out this late, mostly couples or a jogger or two. One couple, though, catches my eye. It's a man and a woman, the man having dirty blonde hair and the woman having bright red hair.

They pass me, and they seem to still, as though acknowledging I was there.

I come to a grove of trees, and I slip behind one of them. I wait to see if they pass by. The girl passes pass me again, and I star to wonder where the man went. She walks into the trees, treading lightly, not breaking any of the dead, dried leaves that cover the ground.

I back up further into the cover of the tree, but stop when I hit something hard, and I feel hands rest onto my shoulders, restraining me.

Dozens of different situations run through my mind, and how I can get out of this situation.

I decide to elbow the person in the chest, causing them to loosen their hold, but then I throw my head back, hitting them in the face, causing them to fully release me.

I turn around to see the blonde man, clutching his nose and looking disorientated. I look away, only to see the red head charging at me. I step aside, dodging her. She flies past me, but turns abruptly, sending a punch that grazes my cheek. I stumble back, but I catch myself.

The woman comes at me again, but I block her punch her in the gut. She winces, but she sends a kick, hitting me in the stomach. I growl, like full blown animal growl, causing the woman's eyes to go wide. I lunge at her, tackling her to the ground, pinning her down.

I bare my fangs, growling in her face, causing her to cringe away.

"Why are you following me?" I growl out, tightening my grip. The woman thrashes around, but my claws extend, piercing her skin.

"I'm asking nicely, why are you following me? Or I'm going to be forced to do something I don't want to do."

She spits in my face. While I'm distracted, she brings her legs to her chest, and pushes me off of her. I go to lunge at her, but a pricking pain in my neck stops me. I reach my hand up to my neck, and feel something sticking out of my neck.

I gingerly remove whatever is sticking out of my neck, and examine it. A tranquilizer dart. As if on cue, my whole body starts to go numb, until I have no control. I collapse in a heap, and my eyes start to droop. I try to fight the darkness, but in the end, the darkness wins.

***

I'm back and better than ever! So here is the first chapter to White Wolf-Rewritten. What do you think? Better, worse, so so? The end of the chapter is a little iffy. So hopefully I'll update again soon. I'm almost done with school, so I will start updating regularly again. I hope you like this chapter, and don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Sincerely, The Writer