Chapter 20- Playing Cupid

Mulai dari awal

"I'll make some macaroons for desert. It will also be a great opportunity to teach you some baking skills, Elaina. You'll need it for Pokemon performing." Serena said to her friend with a friendly wink. Elaina's eyes widened in fear.

"I have to learn to bake too!" She yelled, terrified by the matter.

"Of course you do. Don't worry, it's not that hard. Plus, you get to work with cake and icing." Serena tempted, putting images of sugary treats in the sweet tooth's head.

"On second thought, it shouldn't be that bad..." Elaina pondered.

"Come on let's go!" Leon hurried his chattering sister and her friend towards the door. As they proceeded, Serena caught my eye and noticed my lack of enthusiasm.

"Aren't you coming, Ash?" She questioned and everyone turned to me.

"No, I think I'll stay out here and train." I muttered.

"But you must be starving." The honey blonde looked worried, as if the fact signaled the end of the world. I guess my behavior was unusual.

"I'm not hungry right now. But Elaina, if you don't mind, I would appreciate if you trained with me." I spoke, remembering the things I wanted to discuss with her. She seemed to know a lot about feelings and emotions so hopefully she could help me.

"Are you sure Ash? Its not like you to pass up a meal." Serena's face was sympathetic as she spoke, but I couldn't bring myself to meet her eyes. We hadn't talked since the incident in the cave yesterday. She spent most of the walk here huddled with Elaina in a serious conversation.

"I'm sure." I said blankly.

"You really should eat, Ash." She pushed. I looked at the ground to avoid her gaze.

"I'm not hungry."

"But Ash-" she stopped short. I looked up to see that Elaina had her hand on Serena's shoulder with a stern look, telling her to let it go. Serena sighed, then pivoted on her heel and walked into the Pokemon center, muttering something about not caring anyway. My heart sank.

"I'll be there in a minuet!" Elaina called to her friend. All the honey blonde did was give a wave of recognition.

Then Elaina turned to me, her eyebrows raised and eyes curious. She searched me for answers but I continued to look at the ground.

"Alright, why are you mad at Serena?" The gold haired girl questioned. She wasn't taking my sulky attitude.

"I'm not mad at her." I mumbled.

"Okay, so why are you avoiding her, not talking to her, not making eye contact and completely brushing her off?"

"Do you ever mind your own business?" I said irritably. Usually I wasn't this rude, but now that I was thinking about 'him' I couldn't help being bitter.

"Nope! it's not in my nature."

"Maybe you should try it someday." I snapped. Luckily, Elaina could tell I was stressed and really didn't mean any of it.

"Rude much? What happened to the optimistic Ash I know?" She countered, trying to push my buttons. Why, I wasn't sure. She knew what she was in for.