Chapter 1 - A Konoha Shinobi

Start from the beginning

I stepped into the house that was once mine and saw the white outline on the ground of the 2 bodies that were once there. I felt myself break completely and I fell to my knees sobbing into my hands.

I don’t know how long I sat there, but my head snapped up when I heard footsteps. I looked into the darkness of the room and saw Itachi there. My eyes went wide and I stared at him as his face looked so pained and broken, just as much as I was….or probably more.

I slowly got up and walked to him. I placed a hand on his cheek and he closed his eyes as tears rolled down his cheeks as well. “I’m so sorry, Misaki….so sorry….” His voice cracked and I just embraced him. “Its ok…..you were doing your duty. I don’t blame the hokage for this, I know he only wanted what was best for the village. But he took it too far! This isn’t fair!” I sobbed into his shoulder. “A-and you have to suffer so much because of it!”

He patted the back of my head. “I don’t regret doing this…..it was the only way to save you and Sasuke. Please promise me that you will protect these people. You will protect the place I love.” I bit my lip. “I promise….” I pulled away from him and wiped his eyes. “Where will you go?” I asked softly. He sighed and closed his eyes.

“I will join a criminal organization called the akatsuki….I don’t want anyone to know that this was a mission. You can keep it a secret right? And I will wait for the day Sasuke avenges the clan.” “Itachi….you truly are noble….the village is lucky to have had a shinobi like you.” Itachi smiled at me and kissed my forehead. The next minute, he was gone.

I let out a breath. He had left me in his place to protect the village, and that is exactly what I would dedicate my life to from now on.

>>End flashback

I smiled sadly at the memory. I was always good friends with Itachi. We would often spar together and we were known as the Uchiha couple, even though our relationship wasn’t like that. We were more like twins….we understood each other so well and hung out a lot, more than that we were always stuck to each other. We were family.

I had known all along about Itachi’s mission. He had told me how he had begun to help both sides and give information about the clan and the hokage. Things had got very serious and the day he found out that he would have to take up that mission, it was the first time I had seen him literally break down in front of me. He never wanted it to happen. He never wanted to do it, but yet he took it up saying that he didn’t want anyone else to take the devastating burden of being called a murderer.

That same day, I was sent out for a mission on Itachi’s request. When I had refused, Itachi had got really angry at me and made me leave out of the fear of never having seen him like that before. I had gone on a solo mission, more like temporary hiding and I had returned the next day. And every last person of the clan was gone. When I returned to the hokage, he had told me he was sorry that Itachi had done this, but in reality I had cried for how much pain it must have caused him to kill his own family. I didn’t want to hide, I was proud to be an Uchiha, to be able to serve the village as a loyal shinobi. And I was proud to have been friends with Itachi.

Like Itachi, I had the mangekyou sharingan, even though mine was a naturally stimulated power unlike Itachi’s. Yes, I knew about Shisui too. I was also said to be a prodigy, even more skilled than Itachi and unlike him, I got my mangekyou when I turned 10. And no matter how much I used it, it never affected my sight. I was special. People considered me to be Uchiha Madara reborn because of my strength.

And that’s why Itachi felt he could depend on me to protect the village with my capability.

And even though I was a pure Uchiha, my hair was black but my eyes were blue. They would turn to the normal red color when I activated my sharingan, but my original eye color was an odd trait.

I sighed. I had returned in the middle of the night after a mission to capture a subordinate working for the akatsuki and I was dead tired. I had managed to capture one guy who was doing some weird experiments and I had brought him back to the hokage and the rest of the shinobi so they could find out what plans the akatsuki had.

The akatsuki have been keeping low since quite some time and it has been getting rather suspicious. So I was sent to find someone to interrogate since I was good with being unnoticed. I could control my chakra so that people would not be able to sense my presence at all. And now the poor guy would probably be having an interrogation with Ibiki.

I shivered. Man that guy sure was scary when he got serious! I chuckled to myself as I headed back home after I had got my weekly groceries. I lived in Sasuke’s old house now. He had left Konoha about a year ago to join Orochimaru to gain the power he wanted so he could kill Itachi. I had tried to convince him not to go, but he was very stubborn and had left anyway.

After the massacre, Sasuke and I lived together as siblings. He had wrapped himself in a cold shell, always thinking of revenge and ways to become powerful quickly. He even shut himself out from me, but I couldn’t do anything but watch as he progressed. And when he left to join Orochimaru, I couldn’t do anything to stop him, and I feel slightly guilty about that.

I shook my head. What’s gone is gone. I had to look at what we could do now for a better future. I put all the groceries into the cupboard and went to the living room. I took out my book and sat down comfortably on my sofa. I was about to start reading but I heard a knock on the door. I rolled my eyes and went to answer it.

When I opened the door, I saw an ANBU standing there. “Yes?” I asked. “Hokage sama has summoned you. You have a mission.” I shook my head and laughed. And I thought I could read my book for a while in peace. “Alright. I’ll be right there.” He nodded and jumped to the roof tops.

I sighed and went to my room to put on my ANBU uniform. I covered my face with my tiger mask and jumped out the window, towards the hokage building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pic in the side is Misaki :)

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!