Overwatch X Fem!Reader: Sleepless Nights

A/N: Hello again, friends! Today we have the whole gang back together again! I once again apologize for the long waits between stories. Seriously, I hope I'm not upsetting you guys with the lack of updates. Anyhoo, story time!

PLEASE critique! If you think something is wrong or my writing style needs improvement, say so! Requests are CLOSED! I hope you enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke with a start. A nightmare had torn itself into your slumber and rattled you awake. You sighed, gripping an old injury spot and standing up to get a midnight snack. You figured 'Why not?' You've had quite a bit of trouble sleeping lately anyways.

As you grabbed something from the fridge, one of the magnets came loose and and something fell. You cursed under your breath and went down to grab it. But your arm stopped moving towards it once you realized what it was.

It was an old photo of your time in Overwatch. Those were the glory days. As you scoop down to pick up the worn photo, memories flood back. You remember target practice with Jack and Ana, the sparring with Gabe and Jesse, medic training with Angela, and so on. Everyone loved each other, and everyone loved you. Good times.

They didn't last.

The memories of that day still echo through your mind. There was tension rising - especially between Gabe and Jack - but you never figured it would go as far as it did. Looking back, though, how could you and the others have been so blind? That confrontation brings up painful memories.

"It was really cool," you spoke to Ana, your marksman coach. "And the way you shot him down from right above me?!"

Ana laughs. "Yet you still can't aim well enough to shoot an apple off of Torbjörn's head?" She soft-punched your arm.

"...Well, excuse me, Mr. High-and-Mighty Hero!"

Gabe's voice cut through your conversation like a knife. You stopped and saw Gabe and Jack in some sort of argument. A few others were watching, including Angela and Ana's daughter, Fareeha. Ana groaned as soon as she saw them.

"What's going on here, guys?" She questioned them. Jack's response was cold.

"Well, Miss Amari, Mr. Grim Reaper here thinks he deserves my job as Commander."

"I DO, Jack! Tell me, what did you do in those days? I was on the front lines, going headfirst into the fray to kill the bad guys and rescue the people!"

"I seem to remember fighting right alongside you, Gabe!"

"But I was down there, in the heat of battle, risking my goddamned life for everyone! Farther in front than you were, that's for sure! But do I get recognized? No! All of you -" he pointed to several people in the room," - all of you got shiny medals and promotions! But what did I get? NOTHING! Nothing for my sweat and my blood and my tears!"

"Saving lives is not a contest, Reyes! I expected self-gratification, but this? You sound like a child!"

"All right, you two! Calm down!" Ana forced herself between them and stared Gabe down. "That's enough, Gabriel!"

"You're gonna take his side, are you? Just like you've always done?"

"I'm not taking anyone's side! I'm trying to stop this before the two of you get yourselves hurt!"