Overwatch X Reader: Please, We Love You

A/N: Ahh!! My first story! This is so exciting! What I've done here is, for my first story, a platonic Overwatch X Reader I came up with a couple hours ago. This story involves the ENTIRE cast of heroes. PLEASE CRITIQUE! If you think something is wrong or my writing style needs improvement, say so! Requests are CLOSED! I hope you enjoy, I really do!

Y/n refers to your name, if you didn't already know that. The reader is gender neutral.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You open your eyes slowly. The last thing you remember was taking a couple bullets in your side just as the team got the Omnic civilians to safety, then everything went black.

"Ugh..."

You look around. It's the medic room, back at the base. Normally, you'd expect Angela to be here, working on you and anyone else that happened to be injured at the time. Strangely, no one is here, and the lights are dim.

With a great effort, you haul yourself upward, clutching your side in pain. It's been completely patched up, but it still hurts. You find your clothes sitting on a chair close to the bed. Your jacket rests on top. Changing into your normal ensemble is tougher than normal because of the pain, but you manage through it.

Your teammates always joked about how tough you were. Perhaps that's why they chose you. Or maybe it was your intellect, how you helped plan out every mission in detail. Or it could have been your sense of humor and general optimism. What you do know is that they saw something in you, and they said you were a perfect fit for the team. They took you in as one of their own and formed an unbreakable bond with you. You realize you've had a big impact on the team... and they probably did not take your injury well. You decide it's best to find them; they're all probably worried about you.

You have to walk slowly, as to not hurt yourself even more. A couple of times, you have to hold the wall to catch yourself. Most of the lights are turned off, and no one is walking around. But why? You continue to ponder this.

As you walk, your ears perk. There are voices coming from the conference room. You begin to advance in that direction. When you arrive, you crack the door, slowly. What you find is something unlike anything you've seen prior.

Everyone is sitting there. Everyone. All around the big table. Mei, Genji, Hana, Winston, Lena, Jesse, everyone. Even Reaper and Widowmaker. And in complete silence, no less. They're all looking down at the table. And they appear... upset. Many of them look like they have been crying. Zarya has her hands on her head. Angela is resting her head on the table, and she looks absolutely shell-shocked. Ana has her arm around her daughter, who is covering her face. Zenyatta looks mostly all right, but you soon notice that he is not sitting in his usual lotus position, or even levitating at all. They look like they've been through hell.

You begin to open the door wider, and step towards them, but a voice stops you. It's 76's. He speaks to Angela.

"Doc, are you sure Y/n is going to wake up soon?" Angela looks up at him.

"I don't know. They've been out for days, and I've done all I can." 76 nods, and looks away. Mei speaks up.

"It wasn't that bad. They're... they're going to be all right," She tries to smile, but you can see her lip quiver and her voice stutter.

"They're going to be okay!" Mei has to pause before continuing.

"...Aren't they?" The room is silent once again.

This is heartbreaking. You take another step and silently close the door behind you.

"'Ey," Lena's voice pierces the silence, and everyone looks at her.