What is the Busted Gulch?

Our Busted Gulch story started by a teasing comment between Ronan O'Boyle and Ruechari in the short story selection Sagebrush Showdown. lyttlejoe had thought a showdown between the two authors would be fun calling them out in his "NO QUOTERS" poem and  Bill Temple (original co-founder of the Storytellers Saloon) took his poem and turned it into it's own TITLE...

lyttlejoe's Busted Gulch.

No one could have imagined what happened next

No one could have imagined what happened next. The misunderstandings grew with Ruechari believing she had somehow gotten herself in trouble with the moderators here at the Saloon who turned out to be a bunch of misplaced commas. Bill stealing lyttlejoe's name, adopting Wild Bill for himself. No one being able to get lyttlejoe's character's name right...which after giving up all hope he shortened to 3Gun, and in all this hilarity and craziness a story was born.

Things only got more fun... and confusing as new writers joined the jolly band. leandralynx was the first to jump in, coming to Ruechari's defense, her horse SixStar becoming more famous than any of us. Before we knew it a bunch of mismatched characters written by AliceMorris7, RonanOBoyle, leandralynx, lyttlejoe, and Ruechari were sitting themselves down for a rousing game of FISH, with a payment of one limerick, about SixStar of course, to be had by the loser.

Trouble comes to town, in the form of BillTemple Wild Bill (the name stealing sheriff) and the Doc (theOldPoet) both harboring secrets and pasts that were trying desperately to catch up to them. All the while quietly sitting in the corner, trying to unearth those secrets, sipping her lemonade was our resident know it all CrazyGoose (crazyp01) otherwise known as CG, ace reporter. 

And then there was CrazyEyes Charlie - Sorry Charlie!!!! (onelost4evr) who try as he might couldn't seem to get out of a state of unconsciousness to be able to cause any trouble in the Gulch.

Shots were fired, the band dispersed, as a paranormal element was introduced, resulting into it's own spin off A New Destiny where Ruechari sets off to discover who her father really is, when a dark stranger rides into town (the Reaper) written by Bill Temple, promises to take her to him and slowly reveals her true destiny, to become Shaman of the West. Soon that story was joined by theOldPoet, who shocks us all when we discover the Doc is a Werewolf and the Doc's girlfriend Long Leg Liz is Queen of the Vampires, and onelost4evr became the gun toting, gadget loving, Van Helsing ancestor who tries to keep the big baddies at bay.

A NEW DESTINY