Chapter 3: What happened?

Start from the beginning

After feeling myself get dropped off, I got the signal from Birch, 3 hard knocks and I can get out of the box. After 3 knocks, I immediately get out of the box and see myself inside a train filled with what seems to be Schnee dust based on the label and symbol.

Birch: "Now stay here and don't touch anything! Hide within the boxes"

(Y/N): "Roger that! Thank you very much!"

Birch: "No problem, you've helped me out before so it's only right I pay it back"

(Y/N): "I'll see you!"

With that, he went away and I stayed to hide within the boxes. The more I look around, the more I notice how there are so many prototype robots here for Atlas and there's this big one which looked like some sort of spider.

It was all going so well until we got some unexpected visitors. I didn't get to see them but I heard the ruckus outside as the robots suddenly activated to eliminate the threat. Eventually, even the big one activated and then, I heard the sound of metal hitting metal, a clink. I immediately stand up, knowing that something is completely wrong. I went out of the cart and into another one. I looked at an open hatch only for the culprit to appear as he jumped down from outside.

He was wearing a dark coat with red and white markings on one of its shoulders. In his arms is a sheathed blade with a shotgun sheath. His hair was blood red and his eyes were covered by a white grimm mask.

Adam Taurus, the leader of the White Fang.

Adam: "Another one huh? I'll end this quick"

Immediately I activated my staff, holding it in between the two of us. His hand gripped his blade tight. The moment he attacked, he became a blur. A lightning quick slice came to my side and out of pure reflex, I was able to dodge it.

I spun my staff around my body as the dust cell rotated to fire. Thin lines of red fire began moving throughout my whole staff. Adam went for another cut but this time, I was able to block it. The moment his steel met mine, a loud hissing sound came out from the contact. Small sparks appeared at my staff. I began to mount a counter attack.

Each small and quick strike I did, I was fearful and careful as the smallest mistake can mean my death. Each swing created small explosions, one of the effects of using the fire dust. Our exchange of parries and attacks came to an end when he suddenly swung upwards. I was able to dodge it by jumping back but he was able draw out his shotgun. The moment he pulled the trigger, I felt myself pushed back with so much force, it felt like a car hit me straight to the face.

I was able to land on my feet but Adam's storm of attacks has yet to calm. He dashed forward, swung his sword only to be stopped by my staff but he kicked me away and unto a huge crate of dust. I heard the click of a gun and instinctively, I jumped back, still facing the dust.

I saw all of it, the huge explosion reached my face and I felt the sting of fire over my eyes. I was able to switch my staff to ice and protect my body somewhat but the damage has been done and I passed out, believing myself to be dead. I figured, the plan of Adam Taurus was to blow up the whole train; I guess he succeeded.

When I opened my eyes, no light came, only darkness. I've lost my sight. I live but I've lost my sight. In the end, I've lost everything I had, only the staff I held tightly remained.

~End of Flashback~

(Y/N): "That's how it happened... Eventually, I learned how to see pass through the body and unto more special realms. Thanks to that, I was able to collect the right kinds of artifacts, products and items"

Yang: "That's possible?"

(Y/N): "Of course! An object is more special the more power and energy was put into it and products from nature all have some similar energy waves around them... again, very hard to explain so just go with it!"

Yang: "Wow... despite all that... how could you..."

(Y/N): "Whoah there tiger, deep breaths..."

Yang: "HOW!? You've lost so many! YOUR SIGHT! YOUR FRIENDS! YOUR FAMILY! YOUR FUTURE! YOUR DREAMS!!! BUT HOW ARE YOU STILL LIKE THAT!?"

(Y/N): "You mean how do I stay positive? How am I able to just take it? Well... because I don't have a choice. Boo-hoo, I can't see! I can't fight! But guess what, I can see souls and energy! I can strategize! I can echo-locate! And I can still do something! You can't say a person is strong because he can lift mountains or he can kill grimm endlessly. You can tell he's strong by the amount of hits, pain, suffering and agony he can take then stand up and go 'I'm up for another round BITCHES!!' now that's strong!"

I may not be able to see but I can feel it, the connection. It felt like we both looked at each other's souls.

(Y/N): "You know what they say! No shame in going down, only in staying down. So? Are you ready to pick yourself up?"

In an instant, my blind eyes widen as I see her soul burn bright gold. Like a phoenix reborn from its ashes, her soul has been reborn.

Yang: "Yeah... I guess I'm ready... but I'll need a HAND"

I stared at her, dumbfounded and started to laugh as she soon followed.

(Y/N): "AHAHAHAHA! That's a good one!"

Yang: "If you think that's funny, prepare for more. I have a HANDful of them"

(Y/N): "I honestly didn't SEE that coming!"

Yang: "EYE bet being a blind traveler has made you wise! Mind if I become your PUPIL?"

(Y/N): "Fine! I'll admit your better at making puns than me! So why don't you give yourself a round of applause"

Yang: "...

...

...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU JERK! Now that was just a low blow! Really?"

And that's how we allowed ourselves to get lost in the moment as we didn't notice the time pass by. Our laughs and jokes rang clear through the silent forest.

Taiyang POV

I felt something weird about (Y/N). After letting his horse sleep tight, I climbed right into the wagon he used to travel with to investigate about him. When I was looking at his wares, I noticed a certain staff that was on top of stable metal supports.

I looked at the staff then started analyzing it, then I noticed something eerie. A chill went down my spine upon realizing this.

Taiyang: "This is a Schnee weapon. Literally made for Schnees and Schnees only, one is given the moment the baby is born and they never separate themselves from it. How the hell does a blind wandering traveler have a weapon for Schnees hidden and in this worn out condition?"