Chapter 3: What happened?

(Y/N) POV

Ahhh... how the sweet breeze plays the gentle sound of the leaves as they clap against one another complimented by the soft song of the birds resting upon the branches... under the shade of trees, Yang and I sat. Such a perfect setting to tell a story of a person losing his light, how his once colored life turned dark.

Even if I was unable to see, the images, the memory, everything comes rushing back to me on that day.

(Y/N): "It all started when I was going to Beacon Academy. Yep! Believe it or not, I was supposed to be a Huntsman in training like you. Back then, things for me were different, I even had my eyesight back then. My clothes were so much more neater and my weapon was different than the one I had now, my staff was awesome!"

Yang: "Oh I'm sure it is..."

(Y/N): "We're still talking about my weapon okay..."

Yang: "Ahaha! Of course, whatever you say!"

(Y/N): "But... My situation was quite... complex..."

A small smile crept unto my lips as I reminisced on the past, remembering the good times and fighting back the bad times.

(Y/N): "You see, I was born an orphan. An orphanage took me in from the streets, they were my family by heart. They raised me up, even had me enter a combat school. But still, orphanages, kinda rough, but hey! 3 meals a day, a bed, shelter, even school... what more could an orphan want right?"

Yang: "You're oddly all positive about this..."

(Y/N): "Well, honestly, after seeing your soul I could tell, you and I used to have a lot of things in common. I could tell that you used to 'see the glass half full' just like me! But now I'm more of the 'I can't see the glass at all' kind!"

The soft giggle of Yang was contagious, I couldn't help myself but smile and laugh with her before continuing.

(Y/N): "When I got old enough, they gave me my staff which according to them, was found together with me inside a metal box. They believed it was meant to be mine... I never saw myself to be lucky back then. I remember how much I hated, all I wanted to do was get out of there. So, naturally, I took off the moment I got admitted into Beacon. The orphanage let me go and I have never felt so happy..."

I remember almost everything about that day. The final images my eyes caught during that day flashbacked before my blind eyes.

~Flashback~

There I was, wearing my grey sling bag and in my hand was my staff. I was to meet up with one of my friends in Atlas. He was apparently, a soldier. He had agreed to sneak me into one of the cargo trains. The fact that I had no money from being an orphan meant I couldn't afford any mode of transportation other than walking with the occasional running. My friend had finally arrived already wearing the standard Atlas military uniform.

(Y/N): "Hey there Birch"

Birch: "Now remember, if anyone asks, YOU snuck in okay?!"

(Y/N): "I don't even know you"

Birch: "Let's go quick! Speed and timing is key right now"

My staff was just as tall as me and its thickness was just right. Its body was made up of black metal with white wire-like patterns crisscrossing all over the body. It had rotating body cylinder which allowed me to switch and use different kinds of dust.

My staff began folding itself, forming 3 smaller portions clumped up together and was as long as a forearm. I ran quick, hiding into one of the boxes and Birch had carried me unto the train with a snowflake symbol on its side.