𝟐𝟔. 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧

Start from the beginning

Stiles rushed forward and held the door closed as he leaned out and began talking to his father.

"What'd you say?" I heard the Sheriff asking Stiles.

"What? I said 'yo, dad'." Stiles replied, trying extra hard to be convincing.

"Uh, listen, I've got something I've got to take care of, but I'm gonna be there tonight. I mean, it's your first game."

"My first game... Uh, that's great, awesome." Stiles stated. "Uh, good."

I almost face-palmed myself when I heard the uncertainty in Stiles' voice that was probably making the Sheriff suspicious of his son's odd replies.

"I'm very happy for ya...and I'm really proud of you."

"Thanks, me too. I'm happy and proud...of myself."

"So they're really gonna let you play, right?"

Derek rolled his eyes and I wondered why he was so damn impatient, but he was probably scared to be caught by the Sheriff. A wanted fugitive in the Sheriff's own house...that would make one hell of a story.

"Yeah, dad, I'm first line."

"I'm very proud."

"Me too, again."

The door closed further as Stiles was pulled outside and I was sure the Sheriff had pulled his son into a hug, making a small smile spread on my face.

Derek could probably hear what they said next, but I couldn't, so I decided to just sit there and wait for the Sheriff to leave.

The second Stiles stepped back into the room again, Derek grabbed him by the collar and pushed up against the door.

"If you say one word..." Derek threatened.

"Oh, you mean like, 'hey dad, Derek Hale's in my room. Bring your gun?'." Stiles sassed back, not backing down this time. "Yeah, that's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, buddy."

Derek nodded and stepped back, straightening Stiles' jacket. The hazel-eyes boy did the same to Derek's leather jacket and as he began walking towards his laptop, Derek stepped forward, scaring Stiles once again.

"Scott get that necklace?" Derek asked.

"No, he's still working on it." Stiles replied, sitting back in his chair again. "But there's something else we can try."

Derek seemed genuinely interested as he stepped forward, which Stiles took as a sign to tell both Derek and I of his plan. "The night we were trapped in the school, Scott sent a text to Allison, asking her to meet him there."

Derek's bushy eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "So?"

"So, it wasn't Scott." I mumbled and crossed my legs on Stiles' bed, getting comfortable.

"Well, can you find out who sent it?" Derek asked, his eyes darting between Stiles and I.

Stiles shook his head. "No, not me or Yasmine. But I think I know somebody who can."