V

"I couldn't stay away anymore," she whispered softly into his ear, as her tears streamed from her eyes to his shoulders, her arms draped around his neck. "I can't hide the way I feel," she admitted as she pulled away, so that they stood face to face.

"You don't have to hide anything with me..." he spoke softly, as he lifted his hands to caress her face lightly, and leaned down to kiss her softly. Wrapping his hands firmly around her waist, he pulled her closer to deepen the kiss, then reaching down, he scooped her into his arms, and headed towards the bedroom.

"CUT!" The director yelled, as Richard and Dawn still remained caught up in the moment.

"Hey Romeo and Juliet, that's a wrap!" Vic yelled once again.

Finally they pulled away, standing there for a few tension filled moments, before she finally spoke.

"You can put me down, now."

"Oh yeah, sorry.." he replied, as he placed her down gently.

"Well, kids you two definitely have strong chemistry written all over these scenes," Dianne said smiling, as she walked towards them on the stage. "We'll get to the lovey dovey stuff after lunch. I am sure you won't have any problem with that judging from what we just saw," she said winking, as she placed either arm around their necks.

"I am sure we won't either," Richard replied, never breaking eye contact with Dawn.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dawn put her hair up in a clip and slipped a white satin robe over herself as she awaited the announcement of her next scenes. It was her first bed scene with Richard and it wasn't going to be easy. Despite how she stood up to him at the restaurant last week, she hadn't been completely honest. Sure she'd thought those feelings had been buried long ago, but to see him again was enough to bring them back from the dead with more life than ever. Now that he'd felt the same way only made it worse. There was no chance for them now though. She loved Martin with all of her heart, or at least, that's what she wanted to believe.

"Dawn?" someone called while lightly taping at the door.

"Yes, come in."

The dressing room door swung open quickly, to reveal none other than Richard standing on the other side.

"We need to talk."

"Why? I told you everything I had to say last week. Can't you take no for an answer?" she asked with aggravation, as she got up to reach for a water from her small fridge, and sat down on the sofa.

"I could if I knew you really meant it."

"I did really mean it!"

"No you didn't. Not after the way we just kissed."

"It was acting, Richard!" she yelled, becoming frustrated with his persistence.

"Was it?" he relied testing her.

"Yes, it was! And if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for more. So would you mind leaving?" she asked angrily, as she walked over to the door and held it open.

He shook his head, and started to walk out. Stopping as he reached where she was standing, he lifted his arm over shoulder on the door, and leaned down to whisper in her ear, as she gasped.

"You just keep telling yourself that what we have is nothing more than an onscreen chemistry, and maybe you'll start to believe it." 

He lowered his voice, as he watched her tense up from the contact of his hot breath on her skin.

"That might work for a little while, but I know someday, you won't believe, or pretend to believe that anymore. I just want you to know, when that day comes, I'll be ready to stop acting and start getting real."

With that, he left leaving her there shocked. Giving herself a few moments 

to take in the comments he'd just made, and digest the truth they'd held.