Chapter 6

Den's POV

I woked up from a nightmare. A nightmare which is my reality. Its really a disaster. After LA's visit, I thought of giving him a chance but I havent finalized everything yet. I dont want to give the guy a chance with only half a heart. He's so good to be hurt when all he did was wait and love me even though its so hard. I was taken aback from my thoughts when Ella knock on my door.

"Besh, wala ka ba shift ngayon?" she asked. Kaya I confusedly looked at my clock. Shoot! Im late for work! I rushed doing my morning rituals and made my way to the kitchen. There I saw Ate cleaning the table.

"I'll be eating sa hospital Ate! Goodbye. Loveyou! Besh! Tara na." I said before going out of the door and in my car. Ella followed me agad agad kaya pag sakay niya, I started the engine.

We are on our way to the hospital, when all too familiar figure caught my eyes. But instead of following the figure, I focus myself on getting to work.

"Uhmm besh, diba si Tita Lita yon?" Ella asked as if she saw a ghost. Well, yeah kasi nasa states si Tita and hindi dapat naririto because of business in states.

"I dont know. I guess." I said trying to avoid the topic. I dont want to get involved in a conversation that is connected to him. Yes, him.

"Well, good for her that she's home. If ever na siya nga yon." she replied after getting a clue that I dont want to talk about it.

The journey to the hospital was so quiet. We ended turning the radio on para naman maganda vibe. We arrived just in time para sa shift ko. Sinuot ko na ang aking coat para makapag-ikot.

I was about to enter a room when, I saw his mom approaching me. What is she doing here? I curiously asked myself. So I turn around and was about to walk when..

"Iha." she called me.

"Ah, tita. Hi po." I greeted her. I dont want her to be involve. Masyado siyang mabait.

"Iha, kamusta ka na?" she asked with a hint of sadness. She's a business women and if you see her in her office suit you'll get fucking scared but behind that suit is a calm and kind person.

"Im good po, how are you tita? Matagal ko na kayong di nakikita ha!" I joked, trying to avoid what was about to be asked.

"Silly girl, or should I say woman. You've grown Iha. Napakagandang babae. Sayang lang at--" I cut her off. I dont want that topic to open, last night I decided not to talk about anything about him and me.

"Ah tita. Coffee nalang tayo gusto niyo ba?" I said trying to change the topic, which she immediately observed.

"Ay, how nice of you to ask but I guess I have to leave you now. You still have work to do." she said and smiled to me as if telling me that she got my point. "Oh siya, iha. Nice bumping in to you."

"Ah opo. You too tita." I just said. She smiled then left me there.

I finished my rounds after an hour or so when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said. The door opened and Luis was there with a rose in his hand.

"Surprise?" he said. "Sorry, di ako nagsabi. Lunch tayo? Libre ko."