Chapter 5

Den's POV

It been 5 years since we last saw each other. Though I never left him. Im still there every achievement he received. His wedding. Yeah, his not ours. Well, it should've been but I guess fate was against us. I never blamed fate, for it was all because of our lack in everything that is needed for a relationship to grow. Every should've beens and ifs will remain as themselves. I graduated med school without him. Yes, I never mentioned his name after that night. I cannot mention it because it brings all the pain, all the happiness to me at the same time. Funny how I can watch him from afar be happy with someone else, be happy with a family.

"Tama na Den. Tara na." a familiar voice said. It was the only person who understood me for letting go of every damn thing about us well actually the feelings stayed. My bestfriend, Ella.

"Besh, konting minuto nalang." Konting minuto para masilayan siyang nakangiti. Masaya at tumatawa kasama ang minamahal niya.

"Konti pa para umiyak ka? Ganon ba besh? Wag ka naman ganan. Limang taon na besh, maybe its time for you to let go of that. Besh naman. You know it hurts me the most when I see you like that." she said. I know she's tired. Tired of my situation. She shouldn't be suffering but she chose to suffer with me. She really is a true friend.

"C'mon." I finally said. "Who told you I'll cry? Ha! Di mo ba ako kilala? Im Dra. Dennise Lazaro and I ain't weak." I said with a hint of crying

"Umiyak ka na. Wag ka magpanggap. Mas masakit yan besh." she said. And with that I burst in tears as we enter my car.

"Ang saya na niya besh. See, nagbunga yung paghihirap ko. Sobrang saya niya." I said in between my sobs. He really is happy. I can see it in his eyes. "Besh, his eyes tell me happiness. I didnt fail."

"Shhhh. Magagalit na naman sakin sila Kuya Greg at Ate Fille nan." she scolded me. "Tara na! We still have to go home there, sigurado ako masarap na naman niluluto ni Ate Fille." she followed changing the topic.

"Okay! Lets go! Gutom na rin ako." I said then gave her a smile thats says Im fine. We went home, yeah home. We stayed at Ate Fille's and Kuya Greg since wala naman daw pa sila makasama might as well have two daughters that are so annoying raw.

"Hi Ate Fille. Hi Kuya Greg." bati ko sakanila. Then I went straight to my room. I know they're asking Ella what happen today and my oh so bait na besh will surely answer "same old scenario".

I changed my clothes and went downstairs to help Ate prepare food. We were in the middle of preparing when she spoke.

"Den, I know you still love him and all but dont you think its the right time to move on? Its been what? 5 years?" she said while still chopping some vegies.

"Ate, we talked about this. Its not that easy. Yes, its been 5 years but time doesnt change anything I feel for him." I explained.

"But you know, you just cant go around sneaking and watching em go out in dates or family bonding. You might get caught but the worst is your hurting yourself." she explained too. She has a point, I just cant go on like that forever. Eventually, I'll get caught. I should be tired in doing that but I ain't. His smiles and laughters gives me energy.

"Date some guys. Or that LA guy." she added. Yeah, LA was there for me. Actually, he was always there. Understanding everybit of rants and curses I have for myself. He was there to tell me that everything will be alright eventhough we all know that 'alright' will never happen in my situation as long he was not there.

"I'll give him a shot. And if it didnt work then, so be it. I'll leave the country. Is that alright?" I suggested. Not really thinking what might happen after leaving.

"Alright, if that will make you happy then, I know we'll all agree." Ate Fille said giving up.

We finish cooking and Ella was really digging everybit of meals we made. Kuya Greg, as always complemented her wife's dish. Seeing this two couple made me believe that love does still truly exsist despite of my situation. How I wish we ended up like em.

"Huy Den." Kuya Greg said interrupting my thoughts.

"Ah ano po yun?" I said. I dont what his asking kasi nga I was in deep thoughts.

"Kamusta ang trabaho?" Kuya asked. He always ask this para lang ma-shift attention ko. Ate Fille look at me and smiled.

"Okay lang naman. Masaya. They're my happiness." I said and gave em a assuring smile.

"Thats nice. How about you? Aba, magdate ka naman." Kuya Greg teased I know this will end up like those moments where I roll my eyes.

"No thanks kuya. I've realized that Im not meant for love." I answered genuisly. Giving them a smile. A sarcastic one.

"Oh really?" a voice from my back said. I know this voice. His been with me for almost 6 years and I know his voice too well.

"Yeah, absolutely." I smirked. I turned around and saw him smiling widely. Mukha tong tanga e.

"I missed you!" I ran to hug him.

"I missed you too Den." Luis said. Sobrang close na talaga namin as in. Nakakalimutan ko lahat ng sakit na pinagdaanan ko kapag siya kasama ko.

"Ayon, not meant for love daw." singit bigla ni Kuya Greg.

"Tsk. Not meant for love pa besh." Ella said. But then, ate fille just smiled at me.

"Hi Ate, Kuya, Ella!" The man beside me greeted them with happiness.

"How are you Luis?" Ate Fille asked in reply. They grew fond of him na rin naman, they saw how the guy waited patiently for me. They saw him suffer because of my rants.

"Okay naman po. Eh kayo ni Kuya?" sagot ni LA. "Kuya Greg? Nakascore na ba?" he added while moving his eyebrows up and down. Siniko ko tagiliran niya.

"Nako. Ikkwento ko sayo lahat!" Kuya Greg played along.

"Aw! Okay, easy there Den. I was just joking." he said with two hands up like he surrendered.

The night was filled with laughters because of the arrival of this guy. Lalo na si Ella, lakas talaga ng connection ni LA sa funny bone non. Again, I am happy. For a second, I forgot what I was suffering for.