"I li-like you too." He replies, his face turning red again. Before he can say anything else, I grab at his shirt collar and pull his head down to mine. I place my lips on his, feeling him tense up but melt into it for a second before stepping away.

"Too fast?" I ask, feeling a bit disappointed. He nods and looks at me, an unclear emotion on his face. I hold out my hand, smiling sadly. "Well, text me later and we can talk about dinner?"

"Sure." He agrees, shaking my hand. He smiles at me and gets into the black car at the end of the driveway. After he drives off, I go inside the house. I throw the chips and salsa at daddy who was still on the couch with Mitch and Ash. I sit on the recliner and sigh in happiness. He likes me!

*********

"Why must you like him?" Tasha groans, shaking. Her head as I wave at Danny.

"Shut the f up T. Like you haven't liked a loser before?" Henry snaps at her, making me smile but then frown at the loser part.

"He isn't a loser, he's adorable and a smarty pants. So shut up. You guys are the losers."

"Hi, Danny." I greet him, sitting in front of him in study hall.

"Hi, Luna." He replies, smiling at me. I look at the book he's reading, Pride and Prejudice.

"So, there's a party tonight at Asher Tran's house, Wanna go with me?" I question, looking at him pleadingly.

"Will I be welcome?" He asks. I laugh and nod.

"It's a party for the whole school, nerds who read big ass books included." I tell him, pointing to the huge book in his hands. He laughs, telling me he'll go.

"Luna!" Tasha screams my name from the doorway to the classroom. I groan and turn to her, watching her point to the ground and stomp, commanding me to go over to her.

"I'll talk to you during lunch." I assure him, getting up and making my way to the tanned beauty. "You called master?"

"So funny." Tasha dryly laughs, looking at me like I was in trouble. "Why are you talking to that asshole?"

"He apologized and I accepted it and now we're going to Asher's party so don't try to lecture me." I tell her, smiling at the thought of our date tonight.

"Well that would've been awesome to have told me that last night." She whines as we walk out of the room into the hallway.

"I was but then the game was on and during it, Ash had to go to bed but wouldn't so I spent the night reading him stories and fell asleep in his room." I explain, still feeling tired from reading all night. "If I ever have to see that stupid Goldilocks book, I'm gonna shoot myself."

"Alright, you're off the hook. How is the little man?" She asks. I get out my phone and open my photo gallery. She takes my phone and looks at the picture I took last night or Ash in his new TMNT pjs she got him. "Oh my god! He's so adorable! I knew he'd love them!" She squeals, smiling from ear to ear.

"He said they were his new favorite jammies." She laughs in happiness. Then I spend the rest of the period telling her about how he got his head stuck in the arm hole and I spent 20 minutes getting him out of them.

***********

"Ready?" I ask Danny as we approach the door. He shakes his head, looking absolutely horrified. I laugh and drag him into the house, the music so loud I can barely hear myself think. Strobe lights were everywhere, cups all over the place and sweaty bodies rubbing on each other. I lead Danny into another room that was less crowded. It had a pool table and a big entertainment set. About twenty people were in here, one in particular.