Chapter 16

Sonic and The Chaos Kingdom

Ch.16

By: Cutegirlmayra (Sorry it's been a while! I was updating new things, getting used to new classes, and doing hw! Plus, hanging out with new friends :) It's getting to the crunch-time in this story, not the final countdown just yet, but crunch-time. I hope you all will stick around for the finale! But until then, I hope you enjoy just a little longer the fun and surprises waiting in store! As always, stay tuned~)

"Mommy." Eggman whimpered, and quickly dashed in a very exaggerated, speedy jog towards the only machine that wasn't run by Chaos Energy.

"Where are you going?" Wave called, turning around, but not really caring that much, only more so freaking out about the fact that their old tyrant had returned.

"Oh, heh heh, you know, the villain has to escape somehow!" He smiled nervously through his sweat which ran profusely down his egg-shaped head. Giving a slight shrug, he then turned back to his machine and grumbled, "A man has to pick and choose his battles..." he suddenly swiped two levers at the same time, reaching for the second a bit on one leg's tippy toe before stepping back.

The machine unfolded into what looked like a primitive tank.

"splendid! It works!" he cried out, before seeing another flash of Chaos pulsation in the air, and dragged his frown even further, bringing the slight wrinkles of worry he had even further stretched out upon his face. "Gotta go! Ta-ta!" he waved and jumped onto his open tank, before a shield rolled over him, forcing him to lean down. It was almost as if riding a low, widened motorcycle with a tank's canon in its front, which is why the driver had to bend down to avoid being hit.

He blasted through the wall, still having Shadow's crown and robe, and took off.

Before he got very far though, the roads were littered with his now disloyal robots, who were under Shadow's command, and they shot at him to try and knock him out from escaping.

"Grr... traitors! Lousy, ungrateful... I created you!" he blasted a few by clicking down on his joystick buttons that also helped him drive. A few exploded, which caught Shadow's attention.

"Heh... I have you now Doctor..." he grinned only a moment, before fury and hatred filled his eyes. He leaned his head back, powering up the uncontrollably powerful essence inside him, his imitators vibrating from the amount they were trying to hold back, before he lifted an arm, holding it with the other.

"CHAOS-" he seemed to command, "CONTROL!" he blasted forth a powerful wave, as the roads began to ripple up like a blanket being lifted and shook down, as Eggman skidded his machine car around, before using the tactic of riding the wave on the side, having the car 'hop' so to speak from building to building till the ripple went past him, and then landed down again, his tires screeching in dust as he did so.

"Well, he doesn't seem too happy to see me." Eggman sarcastically stated, and kept driving at maximum velocity.

Now Shadow's anger was full. "Not only did you lie to me... but your kind have been lying to us from the start! Starting with your grandfather!!!" he held up his hands again, once again summoning large amounts of the Master Emerald's chaos power, since the Emeralds were in the hands of Sonic.

"CHAOS... SPEAR!" he swiped his hand down, as a massive ball split into spears, which hurled himself downward and made Eggman swivel in his machine car.

"Grr...! Dratt!" he saw a wheel go out, and then the shield get hit, and start getting melted through.

"NOOO!!!" he cried out, before being flung out of the machine car by a 'safety launch' feature. "Oh no.. AHHH!!!" he rolled on the ground, the crown coming off and his robe flying in the wind.