Chapter I

(Just a little disclaimer before you start reading! This story includes violence and graphic sexual content!)

The chains made an ear scratching sound as they were pulled higher. Blood seeped from Jean's wrists and her tired eyes shone with anger.

"Are you so scared of me that you feel the need to tie me up in chains?"

A feminine voice came from inside the darkness.

"I am just taking precautions. It wasn't easy capturing you, especially after you killed a precious sum of our kindred."

"Your kindred?" Jean laughed in a mocking voice, "You are nothing but a dog that was kicked way too many times, and now you are taking your anger out on me."

There was silence in the room, like the silence before a storm. Before she could even see, Jean's neck snapped to the side with a forceful punch landed on her face. If she wasn't a vampire her neck would have been broken. No, even as a vampire she wouldn't survive that blow if not for her noble blood.

"You will be begging me for mercy when I'm done with you."

"Like how I have been doing for the last two centuries?"

Jean mocked her with a sarcastic voice. She knew she wasn't making her situation any better, screwing herself over was more like it, but she'd never give her the satisfaction of surrender.

"You will learn to respect me!"

Jean took a hard punch to her stomach that made her view black out for a second. She felt the metallic taste in her mouth, red streaks of blood seeping down from her lips and leaving a red trail on her naked body. Her face was held up with a painful grip as she stared into bright red eyes of her capturer, glowing dangerously with fury.

"Just kill me already."

"No." the grip on her face was gone and the predator's voice was calm again, "I won't let you die. I will torture you over and over again until you start begging me to stop, then I will put an end to your miserable existence."

Jean stared up at her with tired eyes. Her body didn't have an ounce of strength to stop her. For the last two hundred years she had been imprisoned by Eleanor, one of her brother's lapdogs. Her brother Jacob had enslaved her in order to have the throne all to himself after their mother (Although it would take a thousand witnesses to make believe that she had any bit of resemblance to a mother) was dead.  He knew that Jean was a dangerous rival to him in means of physical and mental strength, but instead of opting to kill her he took his anger out on her with torture and humiliation. Ah, good old family conflict.

Although she did end up in the dungeon cells of her former home, capturing her had not been an easy feat. Jean had managed to take out more than half of the guards in the mansion before she was captured with a wooden stake through her heart, stabbed by her very own brother. Deprived of blood, the silver chains prevented her from attempting any kind of escape in her current state.

She cried out in pain when sharp claws sliced at her side, leaving deep red marks. Just another one to add to her collection of scars. But her royal blood had its own magic, and as soon as the scar was inflicted it started closing up and healing itself.

"Fascinating. Even in your current state your wounds heal up in seconds."

A wicked smile appeared on Eleanor's face, her blonde hair and porcelain white skin were stained with Jean's blood. She then proceeded to lick her fingers covered in blood and took her time doing it.

"Such a high-quality blood, yet it flows in your soiled veins."

"You are the one who is soiled." Jean used her last ounce of strength to talk back.

"I guess you didn't get enough of a beating?"

Jean took another punch to her face, feeling the blood ooze from her nose. She couldn't answer, because she didn't even have the strength to keep her head up.

"Guess you are not that strong after all."

A soft hand traveled down Jean's curvy side and slipped in between her legs.

"Oh well, guess I will have to find other ways to have fun."

Another hand traveled up her side and Jean winced when it passed over her newly healing injury. Her vision was dark and blurry, the only thing she could make out the blond locks that fell in front of her view. Her nose caught the smell of Eleanor's blood, soft and sweet under her porcelain skin. She smelled the perfume in her hair and noticed just how close she was. It had been decades since Jean last had a taste of blood that wasn't her own, decades of patience that got her to this day alive. She had to keep still while Eleanor had her ways and pretend to be weak as always, only a few more inches...

It took lots of determined waiting, but she finally got close enough. Jean closed her legs and trapped Eleanor's hand, pulling her in with the surprise of the moment. Her teeth sank in Eleanor's neck with a hiss, and she drank her blood hungrily. Her jaw was knitted solid on her neck, and when she was kicked back she bit off a good amount flesh, causing Eleanor to scream. Blood was pouring out of her neck in unstoppable waves, and it alerted the two guards in the room.

The taste of fresh blood kicked Jean's body in action. Centuries of longing had caused her hunger to awaken and with her newly gained strength she pulled the silver chains off the ceiling, biting them off with her teeth and setting her hands free. She grasped the wooden stake put through her heart and pulled it out in a swift motion. She yelled with the burning pain that felt like her chest was charred, but her body had already started healing the wound up and she felt a new surge of power in her body.

Jean's vision was turning red as the beast inside her awakened and years of starvation surfaced. Something must have shown on her face because the guards took two wary steps backwards before Jean lunged herself at them.

She caught the first one in a blur, a woman with long black hair, she couldn't care less about her face as she sunk her teeth into the sweet flow of blood calling for her. She did the same as what she did with Eleanor and bit off the guard's neck, leaving her immobile, and jumped at her second prey as he tried to escape. Her frenzy passed like a blur and by the time she could see again there was a bloodshed in the room.

Jean blinked a few times to be able to clear her vision, the red dots slowly disappearing. She spotted the two guards on the ground, laying down in a pool of their blood. They wouldn't die if another guard found them quick enough, too bad for them, Jean thought. Her eyes scanned the room for any signs of Eleanor, but the only thing she could find was a blood trail leading out of the room.

The blood on her body was starting to dry like a burgundy gown clinging onto her body. Her red hair was sticky because of the thick liquid, a feeling she had gotten used to in the past several decades. She slowly made her way through the room, her feet making light wet noises as she walked over the blood covered ground. She had a good sum of her strength back, but years of starvation and a stake through her heart was not something she could cure in a day. She needed to escape and find a safe haven, and she needed to do it before Eleanor alarmed more guards.

She walked out of the room through the dark underground tunnels, and looked for the set of stairs that would take her outside, that is if the mansion layout was still the same as when she left it, and to her luck, they were.

Jean didn't wait for another second as she dashed for the exit, not bothering to open the door and breaking it off its hinges as she made her escape. With the many kindred dashing out after her, she barely escaped from the sharp claws swiping her way. She dashed into the forest and slipped from under a fallen tree trunk. She kept trusting her legs to take her as far away from the castle as possible, and after a while the footsteps behind her became fainter, eventually disappearing. She, however, kept running and wanted to make sure she had made her escape. She was passing through a road in the middle of the forest when she heard the mad honking, and her body was hit with immense force as she heard tires screeching.