Chapter 3.5: Smile

Mizuki never thought any of this could happens. Especially, when he, himself, thinks Yukiji is not a kind of person who could give those smile. Well, maybe, things that happened can change a person's point of view. Yukiji was always cold, unsociable and she has that aura of complete hatred towards all yokai. He always thinks of her as a brat who just like to wander around not thinking of anyone who surrounds her. Unlike Nanami, she never dared to even look at them. She was ignoring him when talking to Nanami and thinks like he was not there or so he thought. But now, a totally different Yukiji was in front of him. Not the yokai hater, or even the irresponsible princess's he thought she was before. She apologizes on him that makes him almost jump in his position. Who would have thought that the one he never thinks could smile like those of Nanami? Those somewhat carelessness, the strong feeling of friendship, even her kind approach has given her a different aura. An aura that exactly resembles Nanami. The only difference was maybe their eyes. Yukiji's shows some hatred while Nanami's was giving a feeling of hope and happiness. He already heard a lot about Yukiji from the other yokai and from how different she treated both kind. Some other time before, he thinks Nanami might just be too kind to say those words.

💙💙💙🔮 Flashback
Nanami was studying when Mizuki runs toward her to cuddle. He was confused as to what makes Nanami believes that Yukiji is kind to everyone. However, what other yokai told him makes him look on Nanami in disbelief. Just one time before, he was walking past the corridor when he spotted Yukiji coming towards him. He greeted her and yet she didn't even dare to look at him and just pass on him. Even though he bumps into her, she would just death glare on him and don't even apologize knowing she was in the wrong.

"Nanami, how come she was the crown princess and not you?" Mizuki asks a bit frustrated at the fact. It is true. Yukiji is positioned as the crown princess. Nanami just smiles at him.

"It's because she was the daughter of the king. His one and only heir to be exact. I am just his niece and accepted kindly by his majesty as a second child. Besides Yukiji deserves her position more than anyone else, even me."
He shake his head in disagreement. Nanami really respects Yukiji the most.

"But I like Nanami-sama to be the queen and not her." He wraps his arms on her and cuddle. Nanami just smiles mysteriously and says,

"You'll know soon enough, Mizuki. And I am pretty sure you'll come to like her."

At those times Mizuki doubted every words Nanami declared. He never thought that those words will be reminded in him by her, the girl he never thinks to have those smiles. A smile gentle as Nanami yet gives a very impression of maturity in it. Those smile that only Yukiji can show, genuine, carefree and somewhat pained inside.