All in her life she had never been swayed by looks. Instead, she looked for someone who could match her wit and intelligence, which was deemed too high a standard. No male could match her and keep her interested in conversations. Even Cassius, a highly sought out for grown male, could not make her knees weak. 

Ergo, she should have been able to stare the Beast in the eyes at such a close distance and be able to tell him off easily enough. Except... she couldn't. The words left her, and her mouth felt like it was filled with cotton. Her head buzzed with thoughts that she knew she shouldn't even be attempting to think. 

"You are just entertaining, Annelie. How do you suppose I would get you to speak up if I were not to tell you to do things that you obviously wish not to?" the Beast supplied, bringing her mind back to earth. 

Even as her mind came back to her, she couldn't help the fact that she looked up, up into his beautiful dark eyes. They were like ash, so cold and dark. Yet, they were so light with humor and interest. Her heart stumbled once more, barely catching itself once more. "W-what is-is so great about g-getting me to speak?" she murmured, voice weak as her knees suddenly felt. 

"Hmm... I get to hear your voice. I get to hear your opinions. I get to see the flare of anger enter your eyes, lighting you like a dry log thrown to a hungry fire. Of course, there is also the way you so readily try and take me down a notch or several. It is quite... different," the Beast replied with a chuckle. 

The dark sound caused shivers to run up and down her spine. Her own ability to resist was failing her. Reasoning had faltered before leaving her altogether. He is a beast, she thought, trying to remind herself of the fact again. He is nothing but a... handsome... incredibly, unbelievably, irrevocably handsome beast. I am lost... 

The Beast stared down at her, finding his eyes staring deeply into the green fields of Beauty's gaze. Honestly came forth so willingly that he found he wished he could sew his mouth shut if only to stop his words. 

"Now, will you stay here, in my castle, as I have asked of you?" the Beast asked, carefully speaking once more. 

Annelie's mouth opened and closed, having been staring at his lips when he spoke once more. How is it possible that someone I can feel such strong disdain for can become so alluring?  

"Yes," she whispered softly. The word had escaped her mouth, her mind unable to understand that it had for the longest moment. Annelie blinked, eyes widening as the Beast nodded his head before letting her go. 

"Perfect," he stated. "Liyor! Zaman!" the Beast called out suddenly. 

Annelie pressed a hand to her chest, to her pounding heart. Slowly, piece by piece, her mind entered her once more. She knew she had easily given into the Beast. He has won once more. However, it was only a battle, not the war, she thought trying to make herself feel better

The two servants entered the room. First, the slim, lanky form of Liyor passed through the doors to the room, and then the portly form of Zaman. Both looked to be a mixture of worried and curious. Except, Liyor was more curious and Zaman was more worried. 

"Make sure Annelie's room is readied, and ready another room for... this couple here," the Beast explained with a wave of his hand. 

"Of course, anything for such lovely ladies and such a charming gentleman," Liyor exclaimed with a wide grin. 

Zaman nodded his head, beads of sweat having appeared on his forehead. "Y-yes... right, sir." 

They both exited the room without further delay. The Beast turned back to them, to Annelie, and nodded his head. "I hope you enjoy your stay," he stated formally. 

"I'm sure I won't," she muttered in response. Instead of hitting one of the Beast's nerves, as she wished to do, it made him crack a small grin. The sight of the grin made Annelie's breath leave her at once and made her wonder if she would be able to survive if he was ever to give her a full-blown smile. 

The Beast turned, motioning her forward. She glared at him and huffed before starting forward towards the door and out into the hall. She moved, finding that she could actually find her way through the massive castle. Snipets of memories made the halls far less confusing to maneuver. 

Even so, the Beast followed, having left Gioia and Merrick to happily await a servant's guidance alone. He kept his eyes on Beauty, finding that she was worthy of such a title. Yes, he wished that she would stay. It was a hard reality to swallow, but once he had, he could no longer deny it. 

Annelie was stiff, her body attuned to the Beast, listening to his steps echoing behind her. By the time she reached the room she had taken the night before, her nerves were strained. "Is it necessary for you to have followed me the whole way?" she asked him, turning to face him once more. 

"Yes," the Beast answered, walking straight to her. Once more, her breath caught, her heart stuttered, and her mind blanked. The Beast, instead of touching her again, moved to the door and opened it. She blinked, realizing that she must have been losing her mind to have such a reaction to him. "Are you going to enter?" he asked her calmly with a smug look entering his eyes. 

A worried thought came to her, that he knew what she was thinking. Annelie quickly shook the idea off, not wanting to deal with such a problem at that moment in time. Instead, she turned her head away from him as she walked into the room. "I'll take that as a most gracious yes," the Beast commented. 

"Take it as you will," she muttered in response, brushing him off as if he was a pest. The Beast only nodded his head to her comment, not that she saw. 

"Oh, and do check the wardrobe, I am certain you will find something far more suitable to wear come the following days," the Beast insisted. 

Before Annelie could possibly ask what he meant, he was gone. She had turned, staring at the empty doorway with her eyebrows furrowed. Once more, she turned to the massive room with walls that were painted a fair white and a bed that was a deep red, a rose red. 

Annelie crossed to the wooden creme colored wardrobe across the room. Gold glittered at the handles along with lining curling details into the structure. She couldn't process how someone could be so wealthy as to design a wardrobe with golden detailing. Yet, that thought didn't stop her from opening it with a cautious turn of her wrist. 

Inside was a plethora of dresses, ranging many colors. Her green eyes widened and a gasp left her mouth. They were beautiful. Yellows, blues, rose pink, and so many more colors of rich fabric hung inside. How will they feel? How will they look? 

No, don't even think such thoughts, she thought quickly, stopping her train of thought quite well. With a shake of her head, she shut the wardrobe and strode away with a grimace on her face. She wouldn't let him trap her in with promises of pretty things all the while trying to make her will falter. No, I will stand strong

Annelie moved to the bed, sitting down on the edge. The bed was as enchanting as she had known it was, except it was somehow better than the night before. She laid down, finding that she could easily fall asleep in her dress. In fact, she did just that. 

The Beast grinned from outside the room, having just disappeared from her view when she looked. It had been impossible to not see her facial expression when she reacted to the wardrobe, his room. He had also just wanted to see if she would try and make a break for it whenever he turned his back. At her reluctant acceptance, he relaxed. 

This time, he could possibly get her to eat breakfast before her next escape attempt. Of course, she would no doubt complain the whole time about having to stay in his presence. 

With one final look towards her, he stepped a few feet down the hall. There was another door, across the hall from Annelie's, and he opened the door. Inside was a room as masculine as he was. Pelts for the covers, dark paint over the walls, and finally a painting that hung on the wall furthest from the door. 

The Beast growled at the sight, his good mood instantly souring. There was no time to be caught reminiscing over things that were in the past. He walked to his bed, and found sleep coming to him far easier than it had in such a long time. Perhaps it was the scent of vanilla that still clung to his clothes, the scent that Beauty carried around with her without even knowing.