Chapter 14

It was safe to say that we didn't leave the room much over the next couple of days. Though I had done other stuff with Theo, we'd never gone all the way and I was surprised by how much I liked it, wanted it, and needed it. The things Elric did to me made me grit my teeth so much so that I was afraid I was going to wear down my enamel.

The sun beamed through the curtain and I lay there as still as I could manage, watching him—the handsome king that was sleeping next to me. He was lying on his back and the cream colored sheet was draped over his legs, barely covering his manhood. He looked like a Roman god, and in that instant, the tingling sensation returned to the apex of my thighs.

"It's rude to stare," he said, squinting open an eye. I smiled and jumped on top of him, kissing his neck and nipping at his ear. "Guards! Guards!" he yelled. "I'm being attacked by a ravenous human!" I laughed as he flipped me over, pinning my arms down, the sheet the only thing between our naked bodies.

He kissed me gently, placing a kiss on either side of my cheeks and my neck and then my lips. Then he pulled back and looked at me. "Have I told you how much I love you today?" he asked.

"No," I replied, sheepishly. This was his favorite game. He hadn't actually uttered the words 'I love you,' not yet anyway, but he teased me relentlessly by insinuating he had forever to do so.

"Well, I will," he smiled and crushed his lips onto mine. I opened my mouth to allow him access and caressed his tongue as he explored. Kicking the sheet down between us, I wrapped my legs around his waist. He snarled onto my neck as I pushed my hips up and pressed against him. With that, he pushed me back and flipped me onto my stomach, grabbing my hips and pulling me back into him. He leaned over and entered me, whispering into my ear as he gripped my shoulders, "You're mine."

His words were my undoing—so territorial, so protective and claiming at the same time. I melted beneath his touch as he thrust into me again and again, saying my name like a prayer. I would never get tired of hearing it on his lips. I gripped the headboard as we both found our release and we collapsed onto the bed, his arms tucked around me.

"I probably should get some work done today," he said, laughing softly into my ear.

I looked back at him, smiling and said, "Yes, some sunlight would probably be good for my skin."

He kissed my cheek, got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I could hear the water running, and saw steam covering the mirror and escaping the room so I sauntered over to join him. The water was warm, as always—a product of the magic in the castle—and I walked into the pool-like bath, taking a seat by Elric on the bench.

He looked bigger than he did when I first met him, taller and more sculpted, and his magic was growing stronger every day. Whatever occurred when King Turin died and passed on the title of King of the Magical Beings to Elric, it was evident that that power was undeniable. Even Elric was adjusting to his new...abilities.

I grabbed the soap and began to wash his back, taking my time, going over every muscle once, twice, three times. He turned and pulled me onto his lap, and just like that I wanted him all over again.

v

The courtyard was bustling with patrons when Elric and I finally emerged from the castle. I walked over to Magda's booth to get a few herbs for a recipe Kit was going to help me create while Elric made his way towards the front gate where Nikolai and Raban were standing. I laughed as I saw the three wrestle and throw a few light-hearted punches, rustling each other's hair. They obviously knew what we were up to over the last few days.