I nodded my head in agreement.

We had reached the foot of the marble staircase. A line of fourth year Ravenclaws was crossing the entrance hall; they caught sight of Harry and hurried to form a tighter group, as though frightened he might attack stragglers.

" Yeah, we really ought to be trying to make friends with people like that," Harry said sarcastically.

We followed the Ravenclaws into the great hall, my friends looked instinctively at the staff table hoping to see Hagrid.

" Dumbledore didn't even mention how long that Grubbly-Plank woman's staying," Harry said sounding irritated as we sat down at the Gryffindor table.

" Like I told you last night." I said to them in a quiet tone " Dumbledore doesn't want to draw attention to his absence"

" How do you mean, draw attention to it?" Said Ron half laughing " How couold we not notice?"

Before I could answer, a tall black girl with long, braided hair had marched up to us.

" Hi, Angelina." I said smiling up at her.

"Hi." She said briskly " Good summer?"

Without waiting for an answer she went on " Listen, I've been made Gryffindor quidditch captain"

" Nice one." Harry said grinning at her.

I suspected that Angelina's pep talks won't be as long as Oliver's had been, which could only be an improvement.

" Yeah, well, we need a new Kepper now Oliver's left. Tryouts are on Friday at five o'clock and I want the whole team there, all right? Then we can see how the new person'll fit in."

" Ok." I said.

She smiled at Harry and I and departed.

" I'd forgotten Wood had left." said Hermione vaguely as she buttered some toast. " I suppose that will make quite a difference to the team?"

" I s'pose," Harry said pulling some toast toward him. " he was a good keeper."

" Still, it won't hurt to have some new blood, will it? said Ron blushing.

With a whoosh, we could hear the morning post being delivered. 

I saw my owl, Hamilton, flying toward me and he dropped a letter on my plate. I looked at it and saw it was from my mom. I smiled but put it in my bag, I'll read it later. She's probably just checking up on me.

Hamilton jumped onto my shoulder and nipped at my ear affectionately. I chuckled and gave him a small bit of toast. He hooted happily before taking off again.

I smiled after him as I heard a thunk. I looked over to see that Hermione had gotten the daily propehet. It had landed loudly on her plate.

She put a knut into the owls pouch and worked to open the daily prophet.

" Why are you still getting that for?" Harry said irritably " I'm not bothering.... load of rubbish."

I ignored Harry's attitude and started to eat some bacon and eggs.

" It's best to know what the enemy is saying." Hermione said darkly as she hid herself behind the paper.

Eventually she put the paper down and said simply "Nothing...Nothing about you, or Dumbledore.. or anything for that matter."

Proffessor McGonagall was now passing around schedules.

" Look at today!" Ron groaned after McGonagall handed him his schedule.