“I really don’t know dear. The turn of events have shaken up things,” he said into the phone. He rubbed his temples which signified that he was in tremendous stress. He looked over at me and gave me a small smile.

 “Yes. I will take care. Bye,” he said and he clicked the phone to cut the call. He gave out a long sigh and I looked at him. He looked so old and battered something he didn’t look two days ago.

 He looked as if he ages by twenty years in straight two days.

 He gave me a curt nod and a small smile before closing his eyes and closed his eyes and rested his head on the head rest.

 He kept getting calls on his phone but he kept ignoring most of them. He sure looked like a busy man the same way like my dad was but there was something more to this man than that intrigued me from the beginning.

 He had this strong air of power but an equal air of good soul. He actually seemed to care for every being. No wonder my dad chose him as his best friend and made him his business partner.

 I had known him for quite some time. We have lived at his placed during my summer vacations but that was when I was young.

 Mr. Heywood looked at me as if sensing something; yes I had a habit of blacking out when I was over analyzing or over thinking some things. 

I realized that the car was no longer in motion and Mr. Heywood was waiting for me to show some sign of sanity.

 The driver got out of the car first and helped with carrying our bags near the door. Mr. Heywood then got out of the car second and waited for me to do the same.

 I got out of the car with a heavy heart; there was nothing I was feeling as of now. All I could feel or think about was how alone I was and how my life changed in last forty eight hours.

 I kept my head low and was wallowing myself in self-pity and sadness. I heard a new voice in the background. I had heard that voice before but I didn’t bother lifting my heard up.

 “Sweetie, how are you holding up?” I only gave her a small smile. She hugged me so affectionately that I was touched.

 “Its okay sweetie,” she pulled back from the hug and patted my back in a comforting manner.

 It calmed me down for some time and then remembered the reason why I was here in the first place and broke down. I started crying so badly that I was hyperventilating and saw black spots appear in front of my eyes.

 The last thing I heard was, “Call Dr. Morgan. She is not holding it well”.

 I woke with a strong pounding headache and muffled voices. I couldn’t stand the killer headache. The pain was so intense that it made me feel as if someone drilling holes in my skull.

 I felt something or rather someone touch my hand. The owner’s hand was very warm and chubby making me wonder who or rather what it was.

That hand touched me again and so I tried to catch hold of that hand but I thought that because of my sudden movement it took its hand away from me.

 I opened my eyes to see what or who it was but was welcomed by an all the more almost like a death causing headache.

 Someone made me sit on the bed with my back resting against the soft pillow on the wall adjacent to the bed I was sleeping on.

 “Hey sweetpea, try opening your eyes slowly, I think your body has become very weak to take anything with suddenness,” the female voice said.

 “What happened? Why does my head hurt like someone’s drilling a hole in it?” I asked puzzled as to why my head was hurting me. I attempted to sit straight on the bed thinking that sitting straight would make my headache go magically.