13

They had been lying on Bethany's bed for about 3 hours, when Bethany got up to see who had knocked on the door.
Even though Bethany had told Matthew to stay in her room, he had disobeyed by quietly following her down the stairs, and hiding behind one of the walls close to the front door. His curiosity always got the best of him.

"Oh god I missed you!" Matthew leans his head towards the source of the voice. A tall, slim body has its arms wrapped around Bethany's petite body. Bethany seems to snuggle closer to the foreign boy, angering Matthew. Without thinking, he loudly steps out from behind the wall, and asks rather angrily, "who are you?"

The boy pulls his arms back, and looks at Matthew in annoyance. Bethany turns around as well, and sends an angry glance at Matthew, just to turn around to the boy again. With her cyan polished nails, and her small, soft hands, she grabs the hands of the boy and sweetly says, "don't mind him, he's just a classmate." The boy turns his gaze to Bethany and smiles.

He leans down to place his colourless, rather dry lips, onto Bethany's pink tinted, soft lips.

Minutes before the boy had knocked on the door, Bethany had put on a strawberry flavoured lipgloss. It didn't just smell of strawberries, more like a mixture of raspberries, cherries and roses. Matthew had laughed at the girliness of it, and when Bethany asked what was so girly about a lipgloss, he had replied "the pink trio, raspberry, cherry and strawberry!" It made Bethany laugh, which then made Matthew laugh, as whatever emotion Bethany shows, so does he.
"What about the roses?" She had asked. "What about them?" Matthew replied, taking the lipgloss from Bethany, only to smell it and then throw it at Bethany. "Ow! That thing is made of plastic, it hurts!" She had loudly laughed, making Matthew smile.

How Matthew had longed to taste the lipgloss on Bethany's lips. Now yearning more, as the boy is a sign, telling Matthew to have more patience.

"Don't you mind," he whispers, rolling his eyes at how long the boy made the kiss. Matthew watches with disgust, until the boy finally decides to pull away from precious Bethany. The boy looks back at Matthew, a smile plastered to his face. He stares right into Matthews eyes, not seeing his fists, nor how hard his teeth are clenched together, making it audible. The boy sees the irritation in Matthews eyes. He smells Matthews fear of losing Bethany to a boyfriend. The fear of losing Bethany to the foreign boy, who had walked in whilst they were having a good time. They hadn't had such time together for a year. A year with Bethany is very precious to Matthew, so obviously a year without her is almost like hell.

"Why'd you come back?" Matthew asks Bethany, holding back the tears in his eyes. Bethany stares at Matthew with confusion in her eyes. She clearly doesn't see the pattern there. Even though she's very smart, she's also very oblivious to a lot of things. Matthew tends to make fun of her, saying she's cheating on tests in school, because of her oblivion to other things. She'd laugh and slap Matthews shoulder, saying he's probably right about her being stupid. Why would she spend time with him if she wasn't?

"Anyways," the boy says, looking at Bethany, then back at Matthew. He's trying to lower the tension. "I'm her boyfriend." But that is only a way to increase it.