Patient Love

Blinking dumbly at the board, I impatiently waited for school to end. I sunk into my seat a little disappointed we still had about ten minutes until the bell. 

  "Essays due tomorrow!" I glanced over at one of the younger teachers here at Mount High, Ms Dawson. I had already finished my essay a few days ago, school, well the education part was really simple. I always finished my work ahead of time, and got pretty high grades. That's why the small yet growing population that know I exist, ask me or rather force me to do their work for them. 

  "Oh joy, another essay I presume?" I grumbled facing one of the most popular boys at Mount who was able to build his fame without ever taking part in anything sports related, which is usually how people determine your status around here. "uh, yeah. I mean I'm not going to make you do it or anything, but It would really help me out since my dad will probably throw me out of the house if I bring home another failing grade." I stared at the rambling boy who was now blushing down at the ground as he stood awkwardly in front of my desk. 

  I pursed my lips and slanted my eyes at him, debating weather I should give up my Wednesday night of watching reruns of Criminal Minds and late night tumblr for this boy's essay. He lifted his head and looked around nervously. "sure whatever." I shrugged trying not to make eye contact. He was may i say, very, very attractive. He was in just about all my classes and Id steal little glances at him every so often throughout the year. Oh yeah, and I'm openly gay, which is most likely the reason I'm bullied and a social reject. Other than me completely sucking at social interaction most of the time. 

  "er, thanks!" I saw his face light up with a huge smile. ugh, very cute smile, no please stop I might drool. He stopped in his tracks while in the middle of retreating back to his usual seat, and turned back to face me. "Your names Elliot, right?" His dazzling smile never faltered. I was the one starting to get nervous now, i felt my mind go blank and myself start stammering as this adorable boy stood eyeing me curiously, waiting my answer. Jesus, just tell the boy your name and stop being stupid.

  "Uhm, uh-er, y-yeah, my names Elliot." I tried playing it cool and leaned back in my chair like his presence didn't affect my heart rate in any way. "Nice to meet you Elliot, I really appreciate what you're doing for me. Oh, and my names Alex by the way." He stuck his hand out to me, the other rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. A wild blush took over my face. Dammit! I raised my shaky hand from my lap and shook his hand. I know it was just a friendly greeting that normal people do, but man, did my heart skip a beat.. or two.

  A piercing bell went off just as he let go of my hand, I breathed a sigh of relief scooping up my bag and running out of the classroom. maneuvering through the crowd of ugly and annoying teenagers, pushing towards the exit. "Hey Elliot!" I nearly jumped as a hand wrapped around my wrist pulling me back. I turned to see Alex and relaxed a little. "uhm, uh, I was just thinking maybe I should give you my number, you know, just in case or something." He suggested. I looked down at his hand on my wrist, slightly mesmerized. "uh okay." I looked up at him offering a small nervous smile. 

  I fished my phone out of my pocket and with the hand he wasn't latched onto, and unlocked it handing it over. He finally dropped his hold on me and took my phone. After saving his number and sending my number to himself, he handed it back with a beautiful smile. ugh, why did he have to smile so much, it was too attractive!

  "See you around I guess." I mumbled hurrying away from Alex before my eyes started roaming other places than his face. Practically running across the parking lot, I scrambled in my car and pulled out into the street.

  Once I was home, I trudged up the stairs to my room. slipping off my shoes, I grabbed my laptop and spread across my bed. I opened a Spotify tab and pressed on a playlist, leaning back against my stacked up pillows. A vibration alerting me I had a text surprised me, I quickly pulled my phone out not commonly receiving texts. I opened the message and saw it was from Alex.