Ch.10

The dinner with The Great Papyrus himself was quite... unpleasant, unlike you had been expecting. You felt really awkward as you took your last bite from his Alfredo pasta. Papyrus ate slowly and kept his one red pupil on you the whole time. You didn't look at him. You looked outside from the kitchen window and then at the simple looking clock on the wall. It was nearly midnight...

"It's really late..." You began as you looked at Papyrus who sat on his chair with his back straight making him look even taller, which only made you feel really small. "Where is Sans? I haven't seen him since he left yesterday evening..."

"Hmph... He must be sleeping at his station again..." Papyrus huffed as he cleaned your and his plate from the table.

"Why would be on his station at this time...? It's a snowstorm outside! ... I hope he is alright..." You rubbed hands together nervously. Even though Sans hurt you by throwing you against the wall you were worried if he was okay. He seemed like a nice person deep down inside, just like his taller brother.

"Why do you care about him, pet? He is nothing more than a useless bag of bones with a stupid attitude...!" Papyrus murmured under his breath as he did the dishes.

"He is still your brother..!"

Papyrus dropped the plates to the sink. He froze still after you said it out loud, it seemed you hit a raw nerve.

"He can't be that bad... I bet he would be worried sick if you wouldn't show up home in a day! Papyrus... Please... Try calling him or texting is he okay.." You stood up from the chair and walked next to him. "Please..? He is still your brother..."

Papyrus stared at the dirty water filled with soap bubbles. His hands shook slightly as he pulled his hands our from the sink and dries them against a white towel. He took his cellphone from his pocket and headed to the living room without a word. You decided to finish the dishes for him and placed the plates in the cupboard with the forks and the pasta pot.

"Pet. Sans is not picking up his phone." He was getting dressed in his black armour along with his red scarf and red boots. "I am going to search for him." He opened the door and a cold wind entered the house.

"I'm coming with you-"

"No. You stay here in case he comes back." Papyrus cut you off as he stepped our from the door and slammed it shut.

You looked outside from the window and saw Papyrus heading forward with a fast pace. His scarf looked like something strong was tucking it backwards. The wind was really strong. You sighed as you looked your phone and noticed that you had a new contact added to your contact book. It was Papyrus's number. You sighed more as you looked around the house. There weren't many family pictures around unlike in your house. The bond between the two skeleton brother's seemed unbalanced. Maybe one of them hurt the other and that's why they hate each other, well maybe Sans did something that Papyrus hasn't forgiven yet... And maybe never will. Maybe that's why Sans calls Papyrus his boss.

You sat on the couch checking the time again. It has been half an hour since Papyrus left the house. You felt nervous about the skeleton brother's. You also felt very anxious. Was their home the safest place for you? You were the last human the other monsters needed for... Something. Papyrus never really told you why, but then again maybe it was the best that you didn't know. Your thoughts begun to escalate as you thought what could have happened to the two boneheads out in the terrible weather. Were they okay? Did they need your help? Was Papyrus fully healed from his wounds from the last battle with the dogs?

You stared down at the shirt Papyrus gave you, it was really nice of him. You remembered his brave he was and didn't hesitate a single second to defend you from the vicious dogs. It was time to return the favour. You got up from the couch and grabbed your sweater from the shower room and put it on. You wrapped the black scarf around your neck as you marched outside. The cold air hit your face like a thousand little knives piercing your skin. There was no trails in the snow but you didn't want to give up without a fight. You headed left facing down so you could keep your eyes open.

"Sans!? Sans where are you!?" You called out. You were feeling cold, but didn't care. Sans could have been the whole day outside in this storm. "Can you hear me-" You tripped on something and fell face first into the cold snow. You quickly jolted up and turned back to see what made you trip. You tilted your head seeing some fur moving along with the wind. You brushed the snow away fast. Under the snow was a black jacket. It was Sans! "Oh my God!!" You shook him. "Sans?! SANS!!! Wake up!!!" No response. You turned him on his side and tried to lift him up without any luck. He was heavy like a boulder. You began to panic as you got no response from Sans after many attempts of waking him up. The cold you were feeling was starting to get worse as the snow melted and made its way through your clothes as icy water. You shivered as you desperately tried to look around. "Papyrus...!!!" You called out into the snowstorm, as if he would hear it. He could be miles away from you and like he said, he doesn't even have ears...

You hugged Sans' unconscious body close as a layer of snow started to from on both of you. It had been twenty minutes in the stormy night. You were struggling to win the fight against the cold. "Pa...py..rus..." you mumbled as your eyes stared to close slowly. "Help.... Me...." The darkness comsumed you as you felt something touch you. It was faint, but you really couldn't tell what was going on. You went unconscious...