Chapter 12

“Good. Now, let’s try it for real.”

   Michael's second teacher, Albert, was teaching Michael how to use his mouth to imitate Albert’s voice. Michael had completed his planning training, and had moved on to his imitating classes. He was really having fun. But, it sure was hard work. At that moment, Michael was going to do his first test on the microphone.

  “A voice will come over the speaker,” instructed Albert, while putting a speaker in front of Michael, “And you have to imitate it into the microphone.”

  “Okey-dokey.”

  “Okay. First one.” And right then a voice came out of the speaker and said, ‘Hello. How are you today?’

  “Hello. How are you today?” replied Michael in a voice a little like the one speaking to him. He felt a little silly doing it, though; it was pretty cool to him.

  “I think you are awesome, dude!”

  “It’s just a sore throat that I have.”

  “It’s just a sore throat that I have.” Michael’s voice was getting closer and closer to the voice out of the speaker, but not quite the voice.

  "Close your throat!" Albert instructed, "Then open it slightly!"

  “Let me in!”

  “Let me in!”

  “I am authorized! You will let me in immediately!”

  “I am authorized! You will let me in immediately!” That time, it was exactly like the voice out of the speaker. Albert applauded. “Good work! That was very good imitating young man. I think you’re excellent at this, just like your father.”

  “How do you know my father?”

  “Why, I am the teacher who trained your father.”

***

  "Step lightly." Julie instructed.

  "I'm trying!" Rachel said. Snap! Her foot cracked a twig in half.

  "Lighter!" Julie said.

  Rachel had finished her first two days training in First Aid, but now she was studying in the field of Stealth. The room was magnificent! It was set up like a jungle, with trees filling the whole room. There were twigs and leaves covering the ground, and even vines to swing on. The night before, they slept in hammocks attached to the trees. She had to walk through it, trying to find her new teacher Julie. She was an expert, and Rachel hadn't found her once yet. 

  "Avoid twigs!" Julie coached, "And step on your toes! You don't want anyone finding you!"

  Rachel turned towards her voice, and slowly walked towards it. Unfortunately, Julie was able to run like a deer without making any noise. She would never catch her teacher!

  "Yoo-hoo!" Julie's voice called, "Over here!" Her voice was in the opposite direction.

  Rachel sighed. She had to do this the rest of the day, then she would be free.

***

  "Up!"

  Clang!

  "Counter strike!"

  Clang! Thump!

  "Okay, okay." Andrew said, "Sword down Marcus. Please." Marcus and Andrew had been fighting each other, and Marcus had knocked both of Andrew's swords out of his hands. Andrew now stood defenseless, with Lightnageress pressed against his neck.

  Marcus lowered his sword. "I win." he said, "Let's go again!" Marcus had grown much better at fighting for long periods of time. So while Andrew stood panting, Marcus was practicing different maneouvers for their next fight.

  "You are the best student I've ever had." Andrew said, "By far. You are already a master, and we still have one day of training left, tomorrow. Andrew picked up both his swords. "One more. Then bed. Okay?"

  "Okay." Marcus replied, "Let's go." He readied his swords.

  They faced each other, while circling around the room. Andrew made the first move. He sliced down in a deadly arc, but Marcus was ready. He dodged to the side, and swiped towards Andrew's unprotected side. Andrew blocked it with his other side, and cut both his swords inwards towards Marcus' neck. Marcus ducked, and stabbed at Andrew's gut. But, Andrew did something he had never done before. He flipped backwards, kicking Marcus' sword up with one as he did. He landed on his feet, and Marcus had one sword left. Andrew again cut inwards with one sword, and Marcus deflected it.

  Clang!

  Andrew was down to one sword. They sliced, parried, and dodged until Marcus caught Andrew by surprise. While Marcus was preforming a maneouver meant to disarm Andrew, Andrew managed to block it. But, Marcus slid under Andrew on his back. He stood up, and as Andrew turned, he put his sword to Andrew's neck.

  "Very good." Andrew said, panting, "Now please put down the sword."

  Marcus lowered his weapon, and walked to the side of the room. He pressed a button on the wall, and a bed swung out of the wall. Andrew did the same, and they slept peacefully.

***

  "Wake up." Carlos said, "Michael, wake up."

  Michael sat up in bed, and yawned. He stretched his back, and got out of his bed. The day before, he had finished his last day of training. Today was the day to start their journey to save their parents from the evil lady.

  "Good morning Carlos," he said, "What's up?"

  "Meet down in the lobby." Carlos said, "Quickly."

  "Oh, okay. What for?"

  "Just hurry."

  "All right."

  Michael got dressed, and started to walk out of the room when a hand stopped him. He turned, and Albert was standing there. 

  "I want you to have this." Albert said, holding out his hands. In one hand was a knife. It was as long as Michael's arm, and the hilt shined a beautiful shade of gold. The blade was polished silver, and etched into it was a wavy line going from the tip to where it met the hilt. In the other hand was a sheath. It was made of fine, smooth leather. It was attached to a thin, brown, belt.

  "Th- Thanks." Michael said, reaching for both items, "Thank you a lot." He put on the belt, it was a perfect fit. He hugged Albert, then said his goodbyes. He sheathed the knife, then walked out of the room. He got on to the elevator, and headed down to the lobby.