"don't worry, i'll make sure we have plenty of alone time"

33: don't worry i'll make sure we have plenty of alone time

The morning had passed slowly, but it was already about four in the afternoon. The boys had come back to Calum's place, so we had been hanging out with them all day. I learned a lot about everyone after hours of talking, and they learned about me, too. They were all good company and I was glad.

As the day dragged on, though, I became nervous. I hadn't been on a date in months and going out with someone completely secretly was not something I was familiar with. We had already lied to Michael and Ashton and told them that we were going to go get groceries for Calum, as well as going shopping for me.

If there was anything I knew about boys, it was that they thought girls took hours to shop, so I figured I had covered any time limit issues.

I was looking for an outfit when my phone began to ring and I quickly ran to the bed to grab my phone. I looked at my screen and furrowed my eyebrows as I saw Luke's name. He was in the other room, acting like he was sharing a room with Dustin so the guys didn't get suspicious.

"Yes?" I answered, laughing quietly as I sat down on the bed.

"What should I wear?" I noticed Luke was whispering and I began to giggle for no apparent reason. I just thought the situation was funny. "What's so funny?" he asked me, laughing as well.

"I don't know," I told him, shaking my head as I calmed down. "Just look hot." I smirked to myself and got off of the bed. I walked back over to my clothes and started to look through my options.

"I always look hot."

"That's true," I agreed. "Just wear whatever, it doesn't matter."

"What are you going to wear?" Luke asked me and I shrugged my shoulders as I stayed quiet. I hadn't decided yet, but I was starting to get an idea.

"Something subtle enough to leave the house in," I replied as I pulled out my favorite pair of black jeans. "Wear something simple. You make simple look really good," I confessed with a smile.

"Will you be ready in ten minutes?" I nodded to myself, but realized I actually had to say something.

"Oh, yeah, I think so," I told him, nodding to myself again. "As soon as I get dressed, I'll be ready to go. I'll knock on your door whenever I'm ready."

"Okay, see you soon." I ended the call and threw my phone onto the bed, wincing for a second as I thought I hadn't thrown it far enough, but was relieved to see it hit the pillow.

I changed into my black jeans and looked over at the mirror that was nicely placed on the wall. I jumped around a little and tugged on them for a couple minutes before I thought they looked perfect. The jeans were high waisted, so I decided to pair them with a white long sleeved crop top that had shoulder slits. I slipped on my white converse and was surprisingly proud of the outfit I had chosen. Most of my outfits were atrocious, but I didn't look too bad.

I ran my fingers through my loosely curled hair and looked in the mirror a final time before grabbing my phone and purse and leaving the room.

I quietly walked to Dustin's room and knocked softly. The door opened and Luke stood without a shirt on in front of me. He looked me up and down and to stop him, I leaned forward and pushed on his stomach lightly as I tried not to laugh. He quickly pulled me into the room and shut the door.