Chapter I

"Yo, where you at, pretty girl?"

Tamia poked her head out of her bedroom and smiled at December as he walked into their home, followed by two of his employees. She nodded in their direction, went back into the room she shared with December, and finished dressing their daughter Tania. She carried her out of the room, along with her purse, and made her way towards December, whom she kissed passionately on the lips. "What's good, baby?"

December shrugged. "Shit, as usual." He pulled her body close to his and kissed her again, his right hand finding its way to her bottom in the process. In the four years she'd been living with him, she had gotten her weight up and just as he'd expected it to be, her body was incredible. She was only seventeen, but no one could tell by looking at her. Her rotund derriere, tiny waist, and perky C-cup breasts made her look like she was of the legal drinking age, at least.

The girls December came in with, Nina and Val, watched Tamia and December's PDA silently. Unlike the other women living in the house, Tamia had never been put to work. That had been December's initial plan but he never made a girl under fifteen turn a trick, which gave him two years to develop a soft spot for her from the time he initially brought her home. So, instead of having to lay down with every nigga in the city, Tamia's only job was to please December and, that, she did.

December took his daughter out of Tamia's arms and sat down on the couch. "Where the rest of the girls at?" he asked as he ran his fingers through the long hair Tania had received from her mother. Minus the solid hazel eyes Tania had inherited from December, she looked just like Tamia, whose eye color could be any shade of brown depending on her mood.

"They're all in their rooms" was Tamia's reply. She pulled several rubber-banded stacks of money out of her purse and handed them to Val, who was technically the HBIC. She was the only other woman in the house that December truly had love for, and she was only required to sell herself when none of the other girls were available. Her job mostly consisted of working the phone and handling the money. "I counted some of that already. I didn't even get halfway through, but we made at least thirty thousand today."

Val shot Tamia a confused glance as if to inquire about when she started speaking French but chose not to say anything verbally. While she knew that she was Tamia's top contender when it came to December's affection, she chose to avoid the drama that would inevitably come if she chose to speak on some of the thoughts she had of the younger girl.

Many women had faced December's wrath for disrespecting Tamia, and he was too crazy for her to test to see if she was an exception to the rule. With him, a girl's penalty for even the smallest offense could range from anywhere between a simple ass-whooping to capital punishment. There were plenty of girls walking around the house with scars that reminded them to keep their thoughts to themselves.

"What the fuck is wrong with your face, Valerie?" Tamia asked, taking note of the way Val was looking at her. For the most part, she was cool with the other women who resided under her roof. She stayed out of their way and they stayed out of hers. Excluding Tamia's childhood friend Caramel, who was eighteen and had been admitted into the brothel just six months earlier, she didn't associate with any of December's workers on anything more than a business level.

Val smiled. "Everything's fine over here."

"I don't want no bullshit between any of y'all tonight," December stated. "Val, you're responsible for making sure there's no drama in here." He held Tania, who had fallen asleep in his arms, out towards her. "Put her in her bedroom."

Val stepped forward, but Tamia cut her off. "I'll do it, baby." There were some people that she just didn't trust with her child, and Val was at the top of that list.