Make It Count

That night, Ash lay in his bed, thinking about the events to come. What would he say when he met her. It had been so very long. Would she hate him for just leaving? Could they become friends again? He continued to think to himself as he drifted off into dream. He may not even see her at the after party Gary had some how gotten them into. Maybe he would just sit by the snack table, and eat until he passed out. He couldn't help feeling awkward, though, about meeting Serena again.

     Ash awoke, the ideas of his dream overwhelming him. But as he calmed himself down, he realized that no matter what, he would be able to see Serena again, even if just when she performed, and that make him happy. He drifted off to sleep again.

     Serena sat on the plane. This was going to be her last show of the tour. And, as if subconsciously she picked it to be ash's home town. She had always had trouble performing, but whenever she thought of him she realized that she could do it. She realized that she had to work her hardest fit herself, and her Pokémon. Or at least that's what ash said. Inside she also knew she worked hard for him. She didn't follow his advice only because it was with the best of intentions, but because he said it. Whatever the reason, she still improved because of it.

Ash awoke to the sound of his alarm. It was 7:30, and the show was at 11:00. Getting up, he changed his outfit. He needed something fitting to see the queen. He put on a suit, resembling most likely the suit of a butler. Adjusting his bow tie he was ready to go. It was 8:00.

He walked over to the bus stop that he and Gary had agreed to meet at, and sat down on the bench. At 8:30, Gary arrived. He was dressed similar to ash, but with a full tie. "You ready?" Gary asked him. "You bet!" Ash replied, feeling more cheerful than he had been since he fell from the tree. The two of them continued to talk, then boarded the 9:00 bus.

The bus took them to the hotel, where the show was to be. It seemed out of place in pallet, as it was large and industrial, but those same aspects made it the perfect place for a show of this caliber.

10:00, ash and Gary found their room, and dropped off their bags.
10:30, they sat down in the giant ballroom/auditorium.
10:50, Serena peeks out from behind the curtains.

It was a habit gained from when she first started to perform. She would always look out, and see ash smiling back. But since ash had left, she never saw anyone looking back at her. Except this time. Ash was sitting there, looking at where she peeked her head out. He smiled at her, and she smiled back. She knew she had to make this show count.