God Gave Me You

Author: 'kay, so a wee bit of notes. This particular part was supposed to be Chapter 19.5: God Gave Me You of the old version of Infinity Paradise, and had long been sitting in my files (along with a few chapters of the old story).

Since this is an old one, be warned that this is out-of-character and probably a bit too... err, weeaboo-ish to many? Idc, I still want this to be up here with the other extras I made. xD

- You've been warned! -

Also, this is short with only 1, 700+ words.

----

Since when did he become anybody's errand boy? He wasn't a person to be ordered by a lazy ass to deliver a trash to a good for nothing. But despite that being said, he found himself pressing the button of the section elevator. The machinery closed its door before him, and afterwards ascended to the upper floors of the Den.

"Soma, could you return this to Yuka? She must've forgotten about it after the drinking session last night." Lindow is a jerk. He might be the ''reliable'' man of the First Unit, but when it comes to his beer parties, he invites anyone and everyone eligible to drink, boys and girls alike. "And join us sometimes!" He hissed. He has better things to do than intoxicate himself in alcohol and come puking the next morning.

The elevator came to a stop, and he stepped out of it as soon as the doors opened.

As soon as he opened the door, he was greeted by a foul stench that churned and twisted his stomach in utter disgust. "God, you reek..." He grumbled upon entering her room. The scent of alcohol was strong—just how many cans did she guzzle down to that pit of a stomach?! There were even more cans scattered all around, and a disapproving scowl graced his face. "And you even drank more?" A hopeless sigh managed to force its way past his lips, upon him seeing her sprawled on the U-shaped black couch by the door. One foot was on the wooden center table while the other rests on the back pillows. Soma could clearly see her... Knicks, prompting him to avert his gaze. However, he did not miss out the hardbound book she was hugging closely in her sleep. And she was snoring, hair in every direction.

She's hopeless. Soma, in a mixture of concern and kindness he didn't know he even had, gently placed her legs together before moving over to take a seat, resting her sleeping head to his lap. Okay, what am I even doing? His eyes wandered over to the gadget in his hand—her all-time favorite recorder.

At least that's what he had always thought of it.

More than a recorder, it was also some kind of music player, most probably kept this long to keep its owner entertained during times of boredom. And Yuka being bored clearly spells her own doom.

By then, he had shifted his gaze to the book she was hugging in her slumber. Its cover was chestnut brown in color, and there were pieces of papers jutting out from in between different pages. It was too late to pull back when his hands moved on their own, snatching the book from her arms. It was a photo album, keeping memories from way back 2050s to 2068. Soma was never fond of his past, but leafing through the pages, looking at all those printed graphics made it look like their history didn't even have a tinge of cruelty enveloped in it.

Because she was always smiling.

For all the times I felt cheated, I complained

You know how I love to complain

For all the wrongs I repeated, though I was to blame

I still cursed that rain

His eyes fell upon one photo taken one Christmas day. Even though it was an important holiday, it didn't really matter to him. Experiments and tests continue, and Aragamis still try to obliterate all of human kind bit by bit. Perhaps, if they were born in a universe different and opposite from this one, things would have ran differently. There was no need for her to hear all his fears and insecurities, being distinguished from the rest and labeled as monsters.