Beyond Boundaries (Part 2)

"You really have the guts to get lost now? What are you, five?!" Soma's angry voice resonated well through the comm link that Yuka felt her insides curling up just hearing how infuriated he is this instant. The blonde pulled both knees close to her chest, pouting ever so slightly. Why is he so mad anyway?

"Calm your tits, dammit," she grumbled in a slightly squeaky voice. "It's not my fault that the foundation was weak and this part of the building collapsed." But with him being the head of this mission, it shouldn't be extremely difficult to locate her with the map he carries. "And I'm not lost. I'm trapped."

The white-haired male only grunted, faint sounds of footsteps now registering to her ears. Either he decided to begin looking, or just leave her alone. Yuka finally figured out that it was the latter when he spoke, after a long moment of silence, "Don't turn your radio off."

Her lips secretly curved to a small smile. "Roger, Mr. Hero."

Still, Soma didn't know why he got himself on this mess, on the day he hated the most. For some reason, the random girl C coaxed to pretend had received a God Arc and was allowed to go out to a mission -- with him, for goodness' sake -- as if she had long been a God Eater. Soma hissed to himself, finding his current situation more of a deja vu. His thoughts, however, was cut short when the other spoke, "This is quite a familiar situation, no?" She chortled a bit, but he only remained silent. "Back when we were eight..."

He didn't know how she knew -- or how much she knows -- but the male God Eater decided to play along, letting her speak as much as she wishes to do so. "A section of the laboratory collapsed... We were talking through a comm link too," she laughed. "'Just stay put and I'll be there,' you said. 'It's going to be fine.'"

The memory was still pretty vivid in his own head. From what he understood back then, a sudden vaccilation of Oracle Cells caused an explosive reaction, tearing apart nearly all of the facility. Perhaps he wasn't himself that day for he decided to be stupidly heroic, braving the large thorns that protruded from the ground just to get inside. Or maybe he was only too afraid to lose the only person who shares the same pain. Either way, it was still pretty stupid. "You were crying like a little baby," he snorted.

Yuka laughed. "Says the one who wasn't."

A brief moment of silence wafered through the air as Soma continued to follow the locators indicated in his map. "... But you know..." Her voice had a tinge of sadness in it this time. "It sorta happened again four years later." His immediate reaction was to grit his teeth, a certain accident six years ago flashing right across his mind. She can't be talking about that one, can she? He stopped from his tracks, head low and map in hand.

"You weren't there..." Although her voice showed no signs of anger or hate, he couldn't help but place the blame on him. Is this what C was planning?

Eyes narrowing over his hate for the events from back then, Soma spoke, in a voice filled with regret, "You died that day. Yuka died that very day."

His voice momentarily silenced the reminiscing blonde, but his thoughts had flown back to the past to even bother. They tried to save her. He said they could. It was foolish to believe him and his words even only for one time.

"I didn't, okay?" She then fumed angrily. "Stop telling me I died! I didn't-"

He hissed. "Do you really think you could fool me?"

The argument was cut short when thunderous leaps echoed through the empty field, and it wasn't long before the ground rattled slightly under his feet, a pair of red, enraged Kongous now baring their teeth at him. "Stay there."

She scowled. "What? No! Bust me out of here and we'll rid of them!"

"I said, stay there," he growled.