Chapter Eight: Don't Touch Him - Part two

"What?" I exclaimed, my eyes fixed on Blake. "You're Poseidon?"

More water stretched from the floorboards, turning into ice cages over the bar behind Blake, and around the drunken men.

"In the flesh," Blake said, finishing his beer off. "Ares, holding hands with the enemy, I see."

"The enemy?" Dean shouted imprudently, clenching his fists. "Why won't you leave him alone?"

"I guess daddy forget to tell you a few things," Blake said. "Like, the deal he made with Zeus. He's paying for that now."

"You son of a bitch!" I screamed, sliding the knife from my pocket. Dean held me back. "What did you do to my dad?"

"I did nothing to him, he's not my problem. You however, are."

"You won't touch him!" Dean said. He took a step towards Blake's sly face. "You'll have to go through me!"

"Gladly," Blake said, waving his hand. A misty flood tore the roof off, it grabbed Dean and launched him high into the storm.

"Dean!" I cried. I stared into the sky hopelessly, already soaked in rain. "Bring him back!"

"He'll find his way back to you eventually. Only by then, you'll be dead," Blake said, holding his arms up to the rain. "I'm the god of water, there's clouds above you twenty four seven."

The rain bloated into a broken whirlpool, ripping the knife out of my hand. I heard it hit the wall. "You're in my domain." I could see him walking towards me as I slipped to the floor.

"Why didn't you kill me the first time we met?"

"I never planned to kill you. i didn't even know who you were till afterwards," he said. "I got a message and found out who you were, demon child."

"What?" I coughed, the water was dragging me away. It'd completely ripped all the walls away, taking the people screaming with it. "I don't have a clue what you're on about!"

Lightning was alive in the air, it reached for me. Many times it skimmed my face. "I swear to god, I don't know what you're on about!"

The water thickened over my body, but Blake made the current waver around me.

"I want to watch you drown "

"Get away from him," I heard Deans voice say above the water. And, then slowly but surely, the water lost its strength. Pulling myself up onto Deans leg, I saw Blake rising from the water.

"You can't protect him forever!" he condemned, fading away.

The water died down and flattened against the floor, leaving a giant puddle where the bar had been.

"Dean," I gasped.

He pulled me up his body and used his strength to hug me, I could feel his grip stronger than usual. The lightning hit our soaking bodies, but it didn't hurt. We were immune.

"I thought I'd lost you," Dean said, kissing my head as the storm dissolved into the night. "I told you I'd protect you."

He carried me effortlessly for miles, before we arrived to the cave. By the time we got there, both our bodies had almost dried completely. The cave was safe from any more blustery weather that might be conjured.

With a fire crackling by my body, I closed my eyes and rolled over into Deans chest.

"I love you," I yawned. Dean held me close again.

"I love you too."

------

I know this was a really short chapter. But after writing such a wet scene, and being naturally afraid of water, I find it hard to catch my breathe. I feel overwhelmed by all that water my characters were in.

------