Chapter 11~New Allies

In my frantic rush to get to my room, I accidentally ran right past the door.

And into a badnik.

Despite barrelling straight towards it, it managed to stay upright. I stumbled away from it, blinking as I attempted to regain my bearings.

"Uh, I'll just be on my way," I said, about to turn around.

The badnik raised a barrel for its arm. Inside, it began to glow, while his arm was pointed straight at me.

"Never mind," I mumbled. Just before the beam could hit me, I leaped to the side, rolling for a moment before standing again.

I lunged towards it, without giving it a chance to fire again. I climbed onto its back, trying to find a place where I can shut it down. It thrashed wildly, and it took everything I had just to stay on while searching.

"Aha!" I shouted, having found the control panel. The robot only got worse, crashing into walls in its desperate attempt to get me off.

I yelped when he backed up into a wall, but I hung on. Seeing I had no other options, I pried away the metal, and plunged my fist inside, hoping to avoid getting electrocuted. I grabbed a handful of wires and pulled them out, before vaulting away. I landed, wincing. Panting, I straightened, as the badnik collapsed to the ground.

I looked around and realized I had accidentally run right past my room. Making sure no more robots were close by, I jogged to my room and threw open the door. My room was a mess, everything was across the floor or shredded.

My backpack sat on my bed, it's contents scattered across the bed. I frantically searched inside it, until I found the Chaos Emeralds. I sighed in relief. By some miracle, they were left alone.

I stood up, looking around the room, making sure there wasn't anything I needed to take with me. I'll have to be the bait to get Eggman and the robots to stay focused on me, so the students and teachers can escape.

There seemed to be nothing of use here.

I glanced at the Chaos Emeralds. Then, I closed my eyes, before I could feel my fox ears and tails return. I might need them.

Satisfied, I bolted out of the room. It won't be safe to stay in one place for long.

I ran back to the office. I have to make sure Cosmo's alright.

Then I remember the rest of the students. This might be the best time for them to escape. I froze, undecided.

Cosmo is probably with that guy that save me. I'll have to hope she is. I changed course and went back to the gym.

I peeked in through the door's window. No one seemed to be hurt, and it seemed like everyone was here. I scanned the crowd, but I couldn't see Cosmo. I slumped my shoulders. I had hoped that stranger had stopped Metal Sonic from getting to her.

Suddenly, Shadow turned in my direction, scowling. We made eye contact for just a moment, and he narrowed his gaze. I shivered, he was radiating a lot of hate towards me. Likely, he blames me for what's happening. To my surprise, Shadow quickly turned away, acting like he never saw me.

At least he's not an idiot.

I ducked down, trying to think of a plan. There's no way anyone will be able to get out of here as long as there are any badniks patrolling the halls. Maybe there's an emergency exit?

I peeked through the window again, and I saw the two doors, the red EXIT glowing above it. The only problem is, two more robots had apparently come into the gym, and were now watching the doors. That's two more robots that I wasn't willing to fight.

I don't think I have much of a choice.

Glancing at the Chaos Emeralds, I stuffed them in my pockets, hoping that they'll stay. Then, I slowly pushed open the door. It's now or never. I crept my way towards the closest badnik, trying to meld into the wall so it couldn't see me. Sadly, it didn't work. It pointed it's cannon/arm at me without a sound. Before it could power up, I spun my tails and flew over it, landing on its back. This time, I moved much faster than I had with the first robot, and I quickly dismantled it without getting hurt.

I was about to run to the next one, when I noticed they were all advancing towards me.

Cursing, I prepared to run, before a voice stopped me. "How did you do that?!"

I glanced at the students, who were watching me in awe, minus Shadow, who only looked a little less angry. It had been Knuckles that had spoken up.

"As soon as you can, run out of the building!" I shouted, gaining the attention of anyone who might not have been paying attention. "I'll explain everything later!"

"I told you he's an alien!" Sticks shouted from somewhere in the crowd. I groaned, but didn't correct her.

I sprinted towards the closest badnik. It jumped towards me, but I rolled underneath it, kicking it on the back as soon as I stood up. It crashed into the wall, breaking apart immediately.

Everyone suddenly surged towards the doors, realizing how serious the situation was. Fortunately, the two badniks that had been guarding the door had its full attention on me. Unfortunately, that meant I was surrounded by four robots, and I couldn't rely on anyone to come save me.

"Duck Miles!" someone shouted. I ducked and a blue blur launched itself above me, tackling one of the robots.

Sonic stood up in the remains of the machine. "Dude, these things are weak!"

"You're insane, no matter what dimension you're from, aren't you Sonic?" I grumbled.

"Huh?" he questioned, but I waved it off.

The remaining three badniks closed in.

But they didn't get far.

As they fell, Shadow, Amy, Sticks and Knuckles stood behind one, Amy and Sticks behind the same one.

Shadow crossed his arms. "I don't think your explanation can wait."