Chapter 1~Arriving at a New Place

"Excuse me, sir," a familiar voice asked. "But would you mind getting off the ground?" This female voice sounded impatient. In the background, I heard a bunch of other voices, asking question after question.

"Who is he?"

"What's he doing here?"

"How did he get here?"

"I swear! I saw him fall from the sky!"

"Is he dead?"

I snapped my eyes open. I tried straightening up, but groaned in pain instead, so I left my arms spread out beside me. My cheek felt a little wet though. Was I... Drooling?

"Excuse me sir," the first voice asked, the person coming in view. "Are you alright?" She was obviously human, and she looked familiar. Her hair was purple, tied back in a ponytail. She wore a necklace with a red bead at the end.

"I'm fine," I said. This time, I forced myself to get up. I saw the group that was with the first lady. This group looked younger than her, maybe their fifteen years old. The whole group stared at me in shock.

"What's with your ears and tails?" Someone asked.

I looked at them closely and realized they didn't have ears and tails, but apparently I did.

"Uh... It's a costume?"

I got a few skeptical looks, but most people believed me.

"Hello," the purple haired lady took her hand out to be shaken. "I'm Katherine Blaze. What's your name?"

I stared at her. Katherine Blaze. Is she like Blaze the cat?

Katherine rolled her hand in a 'well?' gesture.

"Oh." I took her hand. "I'm Miles Prower."

"Can you please explain what you were doing out here?" Blaze-I mean Katherine-crossed her arms.

"Well... Um..." I tried to come up with something, but nothing came to mind.

Katherine sighed. "Alright. Let's go to the school."

"School?" I asked.

She pointed down the hill and I saw a fairly big building. "That's the Emerald City Private School."

I glanced at the group of spectators and saw they were all wearing similar clothing. The girls had a white t-shirt, with an emerald green collar with knee-length skirts to match. The boys wore a white long-sleeved shirt and green pants.

"Well, I'd like to go to your private school," -I put my hands in my pockets, which I just realized I was wearing an orange sweater and pants-"But I have somewhere to be." I started walking in the opposite direction.

Unfortunately, Katherine grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and literally dragged me to the school. I gave in, remembering Blaze's strength. I'll have to sneak out later. "The closest town isn't for miles away," she chuckled at her joke, while me and the group of students groaned.

The group of students-probably Katherine's-followed us.

Just as we entered the building, a bell rang.

"Okay, class," Katherine said. "You can head to your dorms. School is over."

Instead of leaving, they followed us, until we went into another room.

Katherine let go of me and pointed at a chair. "Sit," she commanded. Valuing my life, I did as I was told and watched her walk behind a desk.

Leaving my hands in my pockets, I remembered how I got here.

"I just need a few more things," I said to myself, "and the Typhoon IX should be ready."

I had taken a shortcut to get to a shop, when suddenly a bunch of robots ambushed me and dragged me away.

~~~

"I told you to bring me Sonic!" Dr. Eggman yelled at his robots. "But instead you brought Tails. You are all just a bunch of spare parts!"

I almost pitied the robots. Almost.

Then I struggled against the restraints on my arms, but they only became tighter.

"Hmmm," Dr. Eggman mused as he stroked his moustache, thinking about a choice he had to make. "Your not Sonic. But I shouldn't waste this opportunity to test my machine. Should I?"

"Let me go Eggman!" I shouted at him. The restraints on my arms pulled harder, making me scream out in pain.

"Let's give it a try," Eggman decided.

The restraints on my arms loosened a fraction, but pulled me backwards. Then they stuffed me into a miniature plane-like machine. I looked down and saw seven different colour glowing objects beneath the machine. The chaos emeralds!

The door closed and I couldn't see them anymore.

"Let me out!" I yelled.

Dr. Eggman had put a hand behind his ear and said in a sing-song voice, "I can't hear you!"

I pounded on the door, trying to break free, when suddenly it started vibrating.

"Dr. Eggman! Let me out!" I shouted again, but to no avail.

"Tails!" Sonic suddenly shouted, but from where, I had no idea.

"Sonic!" I yelled back, just as I was launched into the air.

"No!" Sonic shouted.

Dr. Eggman laughed with glee until he noticed something wasn't right. "No! The chaos emeralds!"

I rose higher and higher, but I couldn't see how high I was. This machine had no windows. After a while, it became harder and harder for me to breath. I tried banging against the door again, but it was useless. I lost consciousness after that.

Then I woke up here.

"Let me see him then," an all-too-familiar voice said.

I took my hands out of my pockets and watched in horror as the same man who brought me here, walked up to me.

"Hello," he greeted, clearly faking cheeriness. "I'm Principle Eggman."