Chapter 25

Dezurae

"Kegan!! Not so rough!"

I laughed as my sixteen year old son came around intending to tackle his brother again. We were on family vacation. And Junior insisted on playing football. Kegan now being the more aggressive of my twins insisted on it being tackle football instead of tag. My boys were solid like their father. Including Travon. Only thirteen going on fourteen. But my baby boy was just as into fitness as his father and older brothers. My home gym never went unused now.

"Mama! This why you can't be the ref!"

He walked over to me and draped his arm over my shoulders. He stood taller than me already at 5'11". Junior was 5'9".

"I don't want my baby hurt," I complained as Travon finally got up off the ground.

I walked over and brushed off his back.

"Ma, I'm good," he called as he pushed my hands away. "Ke weak anyway."

"What you say?!"

Travon laughed as he took off down the beach. Kegan was right after him.

"Kegan, stop," I called after him.

"Von got it coming to him."

I turned to see Jordan smiling as he approached me. My husband looked sexy as fuck in just his swim trunks. He'd added our sons names to his chest under our girls. He also now had several arm tattoos and a large tattoo of tattered angel wings on his back that looked so realistic as if they were growing out his flesh.

"He better not hurt my baby," I huffed.

Travon was our youngest. We opted not to have another child. And I went on birth control to ensure it never happened.

"He alright. Your grandson on the other hand?"

I turned to see J'dasia's eight month old baby boy, Tyler, being covered in the sand her damn dog was digging up.

"Mack no!"

I hurried over and pushed the big mutt away.

"Take yo ass on somewhere! Come here Nana Baby."

I scooped Tyler up and dusted the sand from his chubby cheeks before it could get in his eyes. Jordan chuckled as he watched me make a fuss over our grandchild. I kissed his chunky cheek and headed for the house.

"Dasia!! Where you at?!"

J'dasia came rushing over from her boyfriend/babydaddy lap.

"Mama. What's wrong?"

"Yo damn dog tryna bury my baby alive," I snapped.

She closed her mouth tightly as she tried to conceal a laugh.

"Ain't shit funny! Look at my Fat!"

I held my sandy grandson up in her face. She burst out laughing as she took him in her arms.

"Awww. Look at you, Ty Tot!"

She walked over to the kitchen and began rinsing him in the sink. I looked to John-David, her boyfriend (JD for short). He stood and walked over to me.

"Hey, I voted against the dog," he assured me.

I smiled and bumped him playfully. JD was a sweet young man. And he adored everything about J'dasia since they met in high school. They had the usual I hate you means I love you puppy love going back then. They didn't officially get together until sophomore year in college after he took her virginity. Well after him pursuing her for several more months.