36.

Olly was elated. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration, but he was really, really happy. It had been almost two months since he and Amelia had kissed and somehow found themselves in a relationship and he couldn't imagine being happier.

Yet everyday, she did something or said something and it just got that much better. Being with her was like nothing he had ever imagined; it was so much better. God, he loved her so much that he felt kind of like a girl.

She was amazing though. She was smart and funny and talented. She had so many hobbies and so many things to say and he just loved her. He loved her hair and he loved her kisses and he loved her touch. God, he was happy.

At the moment, she was hauled up in the kitchen doing lord knows what. He had been in his studio, doing some last minute editing and preparing a lesson plan for one of the kids' final photography lessons that Saturday. Deciding he needed a break, or at least a beer, he had pulled himself away from his studio and found her dressed in an apron with flour dotting her hair and cheeks. He grinned at the sight before walking in the room to greet her.

"What are you doing, beautiful?" he asked, creeping up behind her. She was rolling dough and she leaned into him as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"I am baking Jeff cookies," she explained, turning around to wrap her arms around his neck. "He finally asked Annabel on a date, can you believe it!"

"Really?" Olly asked excitedly. "That's awesome! So are these a congratulations batch or something then?"

Amelia frowned and bit her lip. "Not exactly. Somehow, Annabel didn't get the message that it was supposed to be a date...so she invited her roommate Holly and their friend Chris. So he's kind of in the dumps about it."

Olly sighed. "So these are a 'I'm sorry your life sucks' kind of cookies?"

Amelia nodded, leaning up to peck him on the lips. "Pretty much," she said, pulling back and returning to her work. "You can have some, too, if you'd like, but could you be super awesome and go grab Adam? He's sitting on the front porch and I need his help with the marinate for the steaks he wants for dinner."

Olly nodded, kissing her on the cheek before turning to the front foyer. "No problem, gorgeous. I gotta talk to him anyways. I'll be back so soon you won't have time to miss me."

He raced down the hall, grinning at the sound of her laughter before pulling the front door open and stepping outside, closing it behind him. "Hey, man, Amelia needs your help in the kitchen, but I gotta talk to you about something first," he explained.

Adam nodded. "Okay and okay." He sat up from his spot on the porch swing. "Shoot."

"So," Olly began, leaning against the brick of the house. "You know that job I applied for in New York? The one at that agency with the office and the huge paycheck that's kind of a big deal?"

Adam nodded, recalling the position that his friend had been coveting for nearly a year. "Yeah, what about it?" he asked, his eyes growing slightly wide. "Have you heard back from them?"

"Yep," Olly answered, looking down.

"What?" Adam exclaimed. "When?"

"About four days ago."

"Four days ago!" Adam's mind was reeling. "You've known for four days and you're only mentioning it now? What the hell man?"

Olly shrugged. "Ah well, you know..."

Adam stared at him. "Well, what's the verdict? You get it?"

"Yep," Olly said with a sly grin, which turned into a laugh when Adam jumped up to hug and clap him on the back.