29.

Since coming upon the realization that she was falling in love with Olly, Amelia's world was upside down. For a good hour she had pondered over how she was to act around him. It was such a precarious situation, one she certainly never would have thought herself in. She would have never even considered falling in love with one of Tom's friends, nevermind Olly. But she had and she was and as scary as it was, it was wonderful all at once.

Suddenly his touch brought more sparks and heat to her body. When his eyes would linger on hers just a moment longer, she felt a calm come over her like never before. Everything was brighter, softer, happier. Only one question remained and that was whether or not Olly felt the same way.

She wanted to believe that he did. That all of the things he had done for her meant something. They didn't mean nothing, this she knew for certain, but it was hard for her to differentiate between what was meant romantically, lovingly and what was Olly being just a nice guy. Considering she had only really gotten to know him in the last two months, she couldn't really be sure.

Maybe this in itself should have alarmed her. She could even recognize when something he did meant something and when it didn't. But wasn't this the same with all males? Didn't women encounter with a constant guessing game surrounding their emotions and motives almost everyday? With Tom it had been so easy: he had made it clear that he was interested from the start. But his love for her hadn't been deep, so she couldn't base it off of that.

Needless to say, Amelia was experiencing boy trouble and relationship drama that she had thought she had done away with in high school. Leave it to her dead ex-fiancee's best friend to make her feel like a kid.

But that was just one of the many things that Olly did for her. He brought her back to the carefree inner child that she had long go forgotten existed. He gave her hope and comfort in areas she hadn't before considered. He was amazing and really, when she thought about it, there was no question as to why she fell in love with him.

Now all she had to do was figure out what she was going to do with these feelings. But for now, she was going to find this stupid ink cartridge refill kiosk and do the dirty work that both Olly and Jason had bailed on.

Wandering through the mall, she finally found it, nestled in the centre of the walkway in between the H&M and Abercrombie. She furrowed her brows. What an odd place to stick an ink cartridge refill center.

There they were, she thought as she approached. Jeff, standing awkwardly to the side refilling a cartridge as Annabel stood at the counter, scribbling something on a pad of paper. She was the same as Amelia remembered her, her shocking red hair cropped short and she wore a bright graphic tank top, a green floral print skinny jeans and a black cardigan. What stood out most about her was the gold framed sunglasses that sat upon her nose. Jeff hadn't lied. She wore them indoors.

"Hi!" Amelia said brightly as she approached the counter. "I'm Amelia Miller! We met at the barbeque a couple of weeks ago?"

"Oh! Hey!" Annabel said just as brightly. "It's good to see you again!" She dropped her pen and Amelia's eyes fell onto the pad of paper she had been writing on. Turns out she hadn't been writing at all. She was sketching robots.

"Amelia?" Jeff's confused voice came from the other side. "What are you doing here?"

Amelia winked coyly at him. "Olly needed a refill for his printer, but he's caught up doing...doing something and Jason is hung over. So I volunteered to come help him out." She gave another wink and Jeff raised an eyebrow.

"Wait a sec, what time is it?" he asked, glancing at his watch. "Oh. Twelve thirty. Well, that explains everything."

"What do you mean?" Now it was Amelia's turn to be confused.