Sounds Fun

Ash sat on a branch, looking down apron his surroundings. It seemed he had not a care in the world. He was higher than everything else, free to do whatever he wanted. Unlike the tree he was perched on, he wasn't rooted into the ground. He could climb wherever he wanted to, and do anything. He jumped from branch to branch, going higher and higher. There were no drawbacks for someone in his position... he thought. But he forgot about one thing. Unlike a tree, he could fall. The day earlier rain had swept across his home town, and some of the branches were still slippery. One wrong move, and he was gone. Back down to earth. Now, realizing that fact, he started to slow down. Ironically, this was what sealed his fate. His attention was taken away by his thoughts of falling, he forgot to actually try not to fall. His foot missed a branch, and the cold air was soon whipping by his face. Thunk, he hit the ground.
     After the impact, he went unconscious. Well, sort of. His mind continued to function, but with no new information about the outside world. He was forced to think about the past, as there was no present. A past that he wanted to forget about.
     He remembered his past companions. May, Brock, Clemont, Bonnie... and how he let them down. He really only used them. As he was forced to continue to remember, his mind became obsessed with this thought. He was a parasite. He leached off of them. Used them. That was it. He fell into a deep depression, one most likely linked to insanity, still locked in the birdcage of his memory.
     "Ash... Ash are you ok..." a voice said. Ash gasped awake. He was laying in a hospital bed, cords and machines all around him. The discord of the situation slowly wore off, and he answered the question. "I seem fine" he  said with a forced smile. "Well that's great" the voice said again, which he recognized to be Gary, his old friend. Then another person ran into the room. "I'm so glad your ok!" His mom said, hugging him.
     It had been a little while from that incident, and Ash was fully out of recovery, walking with his friend Gary. Gary was explaining to him how he had found ash passed out below a tree, and had to carry him out of the forest, as the paramedics couldn't drive in there. He then explained how worried he was, seeing ash like that.
     "Oh, and I've got something special for you" Gary said after a short pause. "Oh really?" Ash said back to him. "Oh yea" Gary continued "I have two front row tickets to the queens run, an annual trip the kalos queen makes, preforming everywhere around the world. And she just happens to be doing her biggest and final show right here! Serena Yuvone is coming to pallet!"
     Up until this point Ash didn't think he missed out on much while unconscious, but this was big. Gary didn't even know that ash and Serena had traveled together "sounds fun" he said.